Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Campaign : CMBB : A Victory Lost

Yeah. It looks really good - sort of Panzer General I meets Combat Mission :)
I´ll sign up for the axis. One question, though: Do these 1000 point counters belong to one or several players? IE: Can several players occupy the same tile - and thus fight in the same battle?

4 Axis players now.

Cargol
Titidinca
LordBane
Umlaut

The 1000 pt counters are historical units... sized down to 1000pts. It is up to the overall commander to discuss with those folk in his team how best to use these. The stacking limit will be 3 meaning no side can have more than 3000pts.. this will speed the games up and it is up to the overall commander who will lead the units into battle (of course you can have lively discussion amongst yourselves and arrange who does what).

That would probably be a question for the Commander of the Axis or Allied Team. They may give players actual units or just assign players to battles based on their availability etc.

Can units from different hexes attack the same unit at once. That is, if I had a stack of two attacking from the South, could I have another unit attack from the North for my total of three units? And if so, would that be reflected in the setup zones on the battlefield? I am hoping that the answer is yes to both questions. That is one thing that some of the other tourneys has been missing.

If that is the case, then I would consider only having a stacking limit of two. But you could still allow an attack by three units. In this way the attacker would have 3000 points and the defender could only have up to 2000 points. The attacker would have to attack from more than one hex in order to get his 3000 points. But in this case you would not have to try and attack a 3000 point force with 3000 of your own points. It is virtually impossible to dig out a dug in defender with even points. That is unless the units quality were different and the attack had higher quality.

Lord Bane

P.S. I am not surprised that everyone is flocking to the Axis Banner! We are invincible! Only fools would sign up to be on the side of the slaughtered (Russians).

Being the fool I am, I volunteer for the Russkis. After all, if (!) we lose we can always blame it on the fact that the great, invincible and chivalrous Lord Bane was on the Axis side, but if we win.....

Due to a bit of lack of time I can't take on the command. Just want to play.

4 Axis players now.

Cargol
Titidinca
LordBane
Umlaut

1 Russian player now.. wooot!!

Bert Blitzkrieg

Can units from different hexes attack the same unit at once. That is, if I had a stack of two attacking from the South, could I have another unit attack from the North for my total of three units? And if so, would that be reflected in the setup zones on the battlefield? I am hoping that the answer is yes to both questions. That is one thing that some of the other tourneys has been missing.

No rules have been configured yet... so yes... I guess that we could do both of these. And I like the idea behind a 2 stack limit that will work very well.

Bear in mind though this will be a slow burner tournament and players need to be in for the long haul. :)

Very cool interface!

Never heard of vassal, but looks like a winner.

I'll throw myself on the sword and take up the Allied cause.

Подсчитайте меня внутри. Мы воюем к славной отделке для мати Россия.

Translation:
Count me in. We will fight to a glorious end for Mother Russia.

I am not a big fan of the Russians...but I will take them to victory for Mother Russia.

How heavily involved is this going to be? If it doesn't involve playing multiple battles at the same time and the turn rate isn't too intensive i'll be up for fighting for the ruskies.

Considering the successes the Allies have had in North Africa, I'll join the Allies in pushing the Germans back across the Dneiper.

I would throw my hat in the ring for Allied commander, as well.
As to stacking limits, I recall some of the discussion from Rico's East Front campaign and want to advance the idea of points based on division type.

Armor Division = 1000 points
Infantry Division = 500
Mech Division = 750 points
or other similar combinations to achieve a point total.

I also am an advocate for a FOW component. Perhaps a successful probe is required to identify the units who oppose you. The higher the victory level, the better the intel.

Downloaded Vassal. What module title is this?
Thanks,
USS Wyoming

I'll go with the Allies, but not sure how much I can do on until about the 5th January.

Back