Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Car

Well, that's the funny part. She came into an inheritance recently and decided she wanted to spend some of it on a new, more luxurious car than our current car. Sounded like a fine idea to me. We narrowed it down to an Alfa Romeo Giulia, the Jaguar XE, a Mercedes C-300 or an Audi A4. It rapidly became apparent my opinion on a car was irrelivant and that what she wanted would be what we were going to get. Her money, her choice. She liked the Mercedes (sorta) and did not like the Jaguar. Clearly leaned towards the Audi. Could you see me driving an Audi for long into the foreseeable future? Hmm.

We just had no common ground for a car. None. So, I revolted. Said I was going to buy the Jaguar on my own and she could then get the most comfortable and boring car that she wanted. I would have nothing to do with it. Revolt was a fail as I just didn't have enough cash of my own. I made my feelings known. A couple of days go by. The car subject comes up again and she says if I want the Jag she will contribute enough to make it work. The catch is I have to aid, assist, help her get her own new car and do whatever other "car stuff" might be necessary. The Audi of course. {sigh}

So, a mind-boggling poor financial expenditure results in us having two cars. However, I'm feeling pretty chipper about the whole thing actually. LOL
Hey! You can't take it with you!

Back