Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Car

@Meat Grinder Wait until the sun comes out. I figure around May.
As a perk from Jaguar they are sending a rep to my house next week to show me how the car works and answer any questions I may have. Don't want me to have to go to the bother of having to read the user's manual.
And...warranty includes 5yr scheduled maintenance for free!
The downside? I will not be getting 31mpg as with our Mazda 3. Not sure, but I think I can hear the engine making gas-gulping noises...parked in the garage.

As a perk from Jaguar they are sending a rep to my house next week to show me how the car works and answer any questions I may have. Don't want me to have to go to the bother of having to read the user's manual.

Very wise on their part - most people don't RTFM. :D Mind you this lot is probably a bit ahead of the curve on reading manuals.

The downside? I will not be getting 31mpg as with our Mazda 3. Not sure, but I think I can hear the engine making gas-gulping noises...parked in the garage.

LOL good thing it will be fun then. ;)

Fun side not re cars. The CEO of the company I work for has long been eyeing a Tesla - it has been a running gag for years. Last year he finally actually bought one - very cool. At our annual meeting we had someone from Tesla come and present and bring cars for us to test drive. Again very cool. Then we found out that the company is taking one on a long term lease and we will get to take turns taking it home for the weekend. I have not driven it yet but I have ridden in it. Yikes it is fast - and this is the ugly SUV version.

As promised. These were taken this morning outside the church just after our 3rd grandson (Brady) was baptized.
The color is actually a dark, metallic blue, although it looks kind of black here.
So, I get to drive this all the time until my wife's Audi gets here in about 4 mos. Then I have to drive her around in her car. {sigh}

ko6TwTJ.jpg

lsLuNUT.jpg

Last edited:
Just personal preference. We drove a M-B 250 and I didn't like anything about it. Just felt cheap, ergonomics were a bit odd. Tilt wheel barely did. The whole cockpit was just waay too "busy". Gear shift was a little toothpick stuck on the steering wheel column that you moved up for D, down for R and used one finger to push it in for park. WTF? Unfortunately, that model was all we really felt comfortable with on our budget. Some other much nicer $$$ ones sitting on the showroom floor. Now you want a real crap M-B go look at that CLA. It's too bad because it does look nice from the outside.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Audi A4. Wife simply loves it! She went top shelf so it has every tech option known to the automotive world! In the short run it will have my attention as I like that stuff too. Long term it felt real light to drive with little feel for the road and in general is just boring. Again, that's just me. Your mileage can, and probably will, vary..

Last edited:
My personal preference are bulky 'tankish' cars. So we drive a Nissan SUV ;)

Reactions: mTk
Back