Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Gaming PC build advice asked

Well, the mundane stuff is finished. I put together the chair last week and assembled the desk today. It took two hours and much cursing. It's not as big as I imagined it would be, but it will do. Here's a pic. That's still my old PC, and I need to do some cable management.

newdesk.jpg

Last edited:
The old one on the desk? That's an Antec. I forget the model number. It's probably six or seven years old. Good case, but I had trouble fitting my GTX 680 in it. Had to remove the outer shell of the 680, which probably voided the warranty, but hey, it's still going strong.

So, I plan to begin the PC build tomorrow. This is the part where I actually start having some fun. :)

It has come to my attention, via my nephew, that I might want to consider a monitor upgrade. My current monitor is a 24 inch 1080p. Nephew says that, while a 4k monitor is not really gaming ready, I should consider a 1440p, 144 Hz gaming monitor.

Seems to me that you're nephew is chock full of ideas for you to spend more money, buddy . . . . :shocknaz:
On the other hand, those Homo Sapiens may know a thing or two more than us Neanderthals. :whistleo:

My older nephew has made his decades long living as an IT professional in a local school system. My younger nephew is a regional technical manager in a nationwide cellular company.

*I* on the other hand.....

Got it all assembled today, from unboxing everything to installing Windows. Took me about five hours. Now comes the long process of reinstalling all my games and other software. Dropbox is syncing right now, which may take a while, as I use it for my data backups. I'll post a pic later today.

Back