Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Gaming PC build advice asked

Got it all assembled today, from unboxing everything to installing Windows. Took me about five hours. Now comes the long process of reinstalling all my games and other software. Dropbox is syncing right now, which may take a while, as I use it for my data backups. I'll post a pic later today.
Don't you have a smartphone handy? Most of them have cameras these days. Hint Hint...

Here are the latest 3D Mark (purchased from Steam) scores for this new build, before and after I enabled the AI overclocking algorithm in BIOS. For reference, my old PC scored in the mid 2000s on the GPU mark, and around 4000ish on the CPU test, for a total of 2500ish. This running a 1080p monitor, which I plan to upgrade.

Before overclock:

Before Overclock.png

After:

After Overclock.png

Intel I7 9700k CPU, GeForce RTX-2060 GPU, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD
Very nice indeed! So lets have a contest, a CM battle vs me, I win you buy me that rig! You win I give you a virtual pat on the back and ship you some beer/wine/liquor of your choosing. Sound fair right? :D

tumblr_inline_moiixyhwbe1qz4rgp.jpg

@MeatEtr LOL yea, sure. ;-)

This was a tough one. I guarantee you my wife would have killed me and buried me in the backyard if I spent all that money on parts and couldn't get it to work. I was crossing my fingers when I hit that power on button for the first time. Man......what a relief when it powered up. Microsoft has my gratitude on their clear instructions on how to create a windows install thumb drive.

@MeatEtr LOL yea, sure. ;-)

This was a tough one. I guarantee you my wife would have killed me and buried me in the backyard if I spent all that money on parts and couldn't get it to work. I was crossing my fingers when I hit that power on button for the first time. Man......what a relief when it powered up. Microsoft has my gratitude on their clear instructions on how to create a windows install thumb drive.
Love that movie, so many classic scenes!

Noticed some instability over the past couple of days. Computer would freeze up and reboot. Happened while playing Battle Brothers and Combat Mission. It "seems" like whenever it happened the BIOS AI was changing the amount of overclocking it was doing. It has gone from 38 to 41 to 44%. Not a very smart AI to do it in the middle of a game. I turned off AI overclocking and we will see if there are any more instability issues. If there are no more freeze ups, I may experiment some with manual overclocking.

Last edited:
Back