Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Guy from Oz

Welcome aboard, mate. If you can't secure a PBEM game soon, PM me.

Yeah, right, @Meat Grinder . Aren't you supposed to dangle the candy and chocolates filling the pockets of your trench coat too? :shocknaz:
If nothing else, @Grunter, that former US Army medic will take you for a magic carpet ride . . . .

I think i just worked out that PBEM means
Play
By
E
Mail

"Somebody just told me, the world is gonna role, I aint the sharpest tool in the shed"...........Smashmouth

I am having trouble with CM Helper
What is the best forum to investigate?

Big welcome to the Club @Grunter The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/ladder/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog Shorker. we will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply
Cheers

What does PM me mean? I am very new to this.

@Grunter, "PM" is shorthand for "Private Message" which really means, "Send me a private message" using the FGM forum's 'Inbox' function. The Forum main menu bar stays at the top of your browser screen. Look for the envelope icon marked "Inbox" on the right side of that Forum menu bar. It sits between the tab marked "Grunter" (which is your call sign information and lets you edit your user profile) and "Alerts" (the bell icon which notifies you of messages). Left click "Inbox" so that you see a drop box that reads "Start a new conversation" in the lower right corner. Left click that phrase (its a hyperlink). A new page appears. It is a form you complete. "Recipient" is the FGM call sign of the person you are "PM'ing" who must be a registered member of FGM. "Title" is the topic of the conversation. Below that is a free form text box where you compose the message you wish to send. When ready to send, mouse over the orange rectangle labeled "Start conversation" at the bottom of the form. It turns grey when you mouse over it. Left click that button to send your message.

Have a crack and suss it out, Digger. ;)
Let me know if this help. Keep asking when need to know more.

@Grunter, "PM" is shorthand for "Private Message" which really means, "Send me a private message" using the FGM forum's 'Inbox' function. The Forum main menu bar stays at the top of your browser screen. Look for the envelope icon marked "Inbox" on the right side of that Forum menu bar. It sits between the tab marked "Grunter" (which is your call sign information and lets you edit your user profile) and "Alerts" (the bell icon which notifies you of messages). Left click "Inbox" so that you see a drop box that reads "Start a new conversation" in the lower right corner. Left click that phrase (its a hyperlink). A new page appears. It is a form you complete. "Recipient" is the FGM call sign of the person you are "PM'ing" who must be a registered member of FGM. "Title" is the topic of the conversation. Below that is a free form text box where you compose the message you wish to send. When ready to send, mouse over the orange rectangle labeled "Start conversation" at the bottom of the form. It turns grey when you mouse over it. Left click that button to send your message.

Have a crack and suss it out, Digger. ;)
Let me know if this help. Keep asking when need to know more.
Thank you so much for that explanation. I had discovered the Start a Conversation box, when a bloke got in touch to start my first PBEM game. He is another Aussie from NSW, and is showing me the ropes.
I have recently Started a Conversation with an English lad about starting another match. He is a rookie, like myself.
It will be interesting to start a few concurrent matches. I guess time zones and such come into play.
Anyway, i am looking for a couple more matches.
Thank you again, and I hope to PM you sometime in the future.

oh yeah.................... finally got a quote
"Women are like elephants.............They are pretty to look at, but you wouldn't want to own one" W.C.Fields, So when you say this you have to pronounce "elephants", as "eleeepha-ants"

Back