Match Winner
Wellsonian

Match Loser
Buckykatt

Was the result a Draw? No

Combat Mission Version
CM Final Blitzkrieg

Comments on the Battle
This was a medium Quick Battle on a large map with six objectives, two of them Major. Wellsonian commanded the Allies with Buckykatt taking the Germans. The allies brought a company of Mech infantry with two platoons dismounted. Supporting that force were two Jackson Tank Destroyers and one 105 Sherman. The Germans brought 3 panthers, an ATG, an AA mounted gun, and what also appeared to be an infantry company.
The battle began with the Allies moving the two Jacksons into a strong overwatch position behind some hedgerows, and the mounted platoon supported with the Sherman moving quickly towards the right flank objective, securing it with no issues and continuing to a follow on objective. The second infantry platoon piled into the various HQ halftracks and moved to secure the center bridge objective, while the the unlucky third platoon began a long slog through a frozen orchard to try and grab the left flank objective. The Germans were quiet, with no contacts for about the first third of the game (a first for me), before suddenly appearing to contest the follow on objective right as the mounted platoon secured it. That fight was quick and sharp, with the 105 Sherman driving the initial German thrust back. A Panther was spotted and destroyed by the 105, but then a sneaky little German infantrymen put a Panzerfaust right through the front armor of the Sherman (I got cocky).
Meanwhile, the Jacksons had patiently waited with armor target arcs, and discovered and destroyed a Panther, forcing a second Panther to relocate behind a house, where it stayed for the remainder of the battle, pouring fire into my platoon on my right flank. The center force seized the objective and spent the rest of the battle attempting to repel a strong infantry attack.
On the left flank, the infantry platoon barely beat their German dance partners to the compound of buildings and managed to defeat an attack through a blown out wall, driving the Germans off the objective with MG and rifle fire.
The game settled into a stalemate after that. The Jacksons couldn't move because of the overwatching ATG, and the Panther couldn't move because of the overwatching Jacksons. At this point a CF was declared. The Allies held three objectives, while the Germans held one. Two objectives were contested. This, combined with casualties resulted in a tactical Allied victory.
Thanks to a talented Buckykatt for a very interesting and fun battle!

Quote Reply

Last edited:

Buckykatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
buckykatt1@outlook.com
Match Winner
Wellsonian

Match Loser
Buckykatt

Was the result a Draw? No

Combat Mission Version
CM Final Blitzkrieg

Comments on the Battle
This was a medium Quick Battle on a large map with six objectives, two of them Major. Wellsonian commanded the Allies with Buckykatt taking the Germans. The allies brought a company of Mech infantry with two platoons dismounted. Supporting that force were two Jackson Tank Destroyers and one 105 Sherman. The Germans brought 3 panthers, an ATG, an AA mounted gun, and what also appeared to be an infantry company.
The battle began with the Allies moving the two Jacksons into a strong overwatch position behind some hedgerows, and the mounted platoon supported with the Sherman moving quickly towards the right flank objective, securing it with no issues and continuing to a follow on objective. The second infantry platoon piled into the various HQ halftracks and moved to secure the center bridge objective, while the the unlucky third platoon began a long slog through a frozen orchard to try and grab the left flank objective. The Germans were quiet, with no contacts for about the first third of the game (a first for me), before suddenly appearing to contest the follow on objective right as the mounted platoon secured it. That fight was quick and sharp, with the 105 Sherman driving the initial German thrust back. A Panther was spotted and destroyed by the 105, but then a sneaky little German infantrymen put a Panzerfaust right through the front armor of the Sherman (I got cocky).
Meanwhile, the Jacksons had patiently waited with armor target arcs, and discovered and destroyed a Panther, forcing a second Panther to relocate behind a house, where it stayed for the remainder of the battle, pouring fire into my platoon on my right flank. The center force seized the objective and spent the rest of the battle attempting to repel a strong infantry attack.
On the left flank, the infantry platoon barely beat their German dance partners to the compound of buildings and managed to defeat an attack through a blown out wall, driving the Germans off the objective with MG and rifle fire.
The game settled into a stalemate after that. The Jacksons couldn't move because of the overmatching ATG, and the Panther couldn't move because of the overmatching Jacksons. At this point a CF was declared. The Allies held three objectives, while the Germans held one. Two objectives were contested. This, combined with casualties resulted in a tactical Allied victory.
Thanks to a talented Buckykatt for a very interesting and fun battle!

Quote Reply
Fun game! This was the 2nd time me and @Wellsonian have battled. This was an interesting map and battle as it turned out. I had 0 transports, so my men were on foot humping it to the objectives (bad move) they were exhausted by the time they arrived. Wellsonian had his Halftracks that actually turned the battle IMO. Kept waiting for my opponent to make an error with his armor..he made one, but that was it, once again fun game with a great opponent, we must have had some days with 10 or more turns.