Combat Mission Version
CMFI

Game Date
Feb. '44

Scenario or Quick Battle
Scenario

Comments on the Battle
The Quick & the Dead: BRAWL 3

Blue on Blue German armor only. A near run thing pitting two (2) forces of seven (7) Elefants against each other. @Wellsonian got off the first shots but Elefant frontal armor is amazing, even against high velocity 88mm AT. All @Wellsonian's initial rounds bounced harmlessly. Then it became a game of cat and mouse maneuver with rounds firing swiftly. I had a clear upper hand at one point and was pressing hard for final kills when @Wellsonian cleverly positioned an Elefant to take the wind out of my sails. In the end-game I had dismounted crews on my closest objective with another Elefant immobilized out of the action. With my two (2) remaining mobile Elefants against his single surviving tank, I had one hunker down on the middle objective providing some overwatch as the second slowly approached the final VL. Elefants are slow and when we sighted each other, we never had Lines of Fire in time to take good shots. In the end, we both had forces on the third objective, negating its points to each other. @Wellsonian killed 4 of my vehicles. I killed 6 of his and had full control of the other two objectives. A tense match; hard won and well fought.