Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Winner Meat Grinder

Loser Titan

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMFB

Comments This was a large quick battle Probe with Titan attacking as the Germans, me defending as Yanks. Time limit was an hour and ten minutes. The map was forested hills, with three victory locations to defend.

My force pick consisted of two companies of infantry, two Jackson tank destroyers, two Sherman 75s, one Sherman "Easy Eight", and a 40mm AA gun (not mobile). I kept the inherent on board 60mm mortars, but chose not to purchase any offboard arty.

Titan appears to have purchased (he can correct me, if I'm wrong) three companies of infantry, a King Tiger, one 20mm armored car, and some halftracks. He also purchased some TRPs and plenty of offboard arty, which he made *copious* use of throughout the game.

I started off with the idea that I would defend forward, placing most of a company of men on the edges of the forest on my left flank. I also placed a platoon of infantry very far forward in the forest on my right flank, thinking I could ambush any of Titan's men who were attempting to advance along that route.

Well, neither of those proved to be tactically sound decisions, as it wasn't long before my "ambush" platoon was discovered, and summarily got their ass beat, whereupon I had to order what remained of them (they took about 50% casualties) back to defend my right flank VL. On my left flank Titan, once he discovered where I had amassed my company of men, began to unleash hell in the form of offboard arty. So, after taking a beating there, I once again had to order the remainder of my forces back to defend the VLs.

Things went much better in the armor battles. Titan made his mighty King Tiger's presence known rather early on. I decided to try to counter it with my two Jacksons. I found out that it is nigh impossible for a Jackson's MA to penetrate a King Tiger's frontal armor, but they can certainly mess up it's paint job, and they can also take out it's main gun. :) The mighty King Tiger never fired a shot during the entire game, and didn't cause a single casualty, though it did manage to survive the battle.

Posthumous medals will be issued to my brave AA crew who stayed at their post and manned their gun, causing a number of enemy casualties with some fine long range shooting, before succumbing to mortar fire.

So, I settled my men and tanks back into defensive positions with good overwatch to defend the VLs. They had to weather many, many rounds of offboard and onboard mortar fire, but they remained calm and didn't break. With his King Tiger gone, I don't think Titan really had an answer to the problem of crossing open ground under the watchful guns of my armor. He tried to sneak up a few panzershreck teams but they were picked off.

Finally, with the time down to six minutes, he surrendered. Seeing the final screens, he still had a good amount of troops left, but I agree with him that attempting to cross that open ground would have been a waste of good men's lives.

Good game, as usual, Titan. It was rather a see-saw battle, and I wasn't sure I was going to pull it off until late in the game.

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
I knew the Grinder would be coming to fight in this one...With his last two forays against me i know he was rather disappointed about the outcome. I had to be on my game here as this guy will rip my head off given the chance and any mistakes he would make me pay.

Knowing he takes comfort in Armour i thought i would try to out muscle him in Infantry.. I bought just under x4 companies and just the one tank but a King tiger which i thought might keep him honest and the plan with that was to let him know i had it early on but not to risk it in unimportant fire fights..The hope was it may influcence how he uses his armour. Simple plan was x3 Companies attack on far right and any enemy units would get overwhelmed and punch through to top of map and grab first victory location then hook left and roll down his flanks. I hoped as his inf got scarce my Shreck teams could deal with his armour from the heavily wooded map. And i got plenty of Artillery to match and just blast any postions apart. Anyway King tiger lost its gun which made things rather difficult and he just used his armour very well and gave me no opportunites to tag any of them and stopped my advance any closer to the victory locations. He is a class Act and deserved the win.

Last edited:

Meat Grinder

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
2-4 games.
One other outlier I forgot to mention earlier...

It seems that the sniper team I positioned in the top of the monastery managed to cause one casualty. I don't remember seeing that during the game, but it must have been a hell of a shot, because I don't think any of Titan's men ever got within 500 meters of that tower.

WinOrLose

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
georgeandsi@live.com
Not working here either....

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Cheers, My first try. next time i will do better and putting the scenes together etc

Nemesis

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Great video! What software do you guys use to make videos?

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Great video! What software do you guys use to make videos?
Thanks..Glad you liked it, I learnt alot from doing it and my next one will be alot better .It was my first one and i enjoyed making as much as i did playing the game, Perhaps if i focused on the game more the result may have been alittle different. I used microsoft movie maker for windows ten which is a free download and to record windows ten has a recorder built in. However im sure there are others here that could suggest some better software i just got what i could to play around.