FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
zinzan1963@googlemail.com
Thank you for the Battle @Shorker - a enjoyable fight that you made tense and nerve jangling. Well played esp recovering from a start that was surprising to me. Your thoughtful and patient play kept me thinking and you managed to thwart several of my plans.

Overall I'd say the scenario is pro-Axis (BUT - depends on start) lacking in replayability but enjoyable from both sides. The more experienced player should have the Allies IMNSHO - as they require more management.

Shorker

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
:) "thoughtful and patient play" ... HA HA HA!! That is great my friend! (y) Thanks for the compliment, but the bitter truth is that
my "regular, -1 in confidence and leadership" men shit their pants at the slightest noise and constantly lost their composure! LOL! I simply COULD NOT go forward... :p:LOL:
They just didn't obey and always were upset/confused/shaken. But this was mostly my fault as I didn't pay enough attention to their commander's position at the beginning.

It was also a very clever move from you to turn the immobilized King Tiger into my direction - so when I started the "shootout" I was already done...
This duell was an absolutely bad idea (goof move) from my side as I painfully missed those three Shermans later during my "advance".

I agree with you that the scenario is pro Axis because the Germans are all well hidden and "experienced" and in CM morale, leadership and accuracy are crucial.

But what made me give the scenario a poor rating was the somewhat poor map design. The houses are simply built into the hillside. Often it is not clear whether the entrances/doors are passable at all. The slope of the terrain offers an additional - but unfair - protection for the soldiers in the house, since they can fire themselves, but can not be targeted by the Americans.
IMHO around every house - especially those on slopes and slopes - the environment should be flattened in the width of AT LEAST one square field.

But anyway - if a man (me) can not swim, he must not blame the swim trousers :cautious: - and you played very well and intelligent and you would have deserved the victory. (y)

Thanks again for the good game! Cheers! :cheerso: