Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Winner Meat Grinder

Loser Titan

Was The Result A Draw? No

Combat Mission Version CMFI

Comments This was the Alvano Anvil scenario, with me defending as Italians against Titan's Yanks. Actually my forces were mostly German, but there were some Italians in there. ;-) I had to defend three VLs: Monastery, Hilltop Town, and Flak Nest. Flack Nest was the deepest into Axis territory, and boasted, surprise surprise, two 88mm flak guns. The other two VLs had Itialian troops upon initial deployment, with some Brixia mortars and three (?) infantry guns. The German forces had some PZIVs, PZIIIs, three (?) AT guns, a 37mm AA halftrack, and some 105mm offboard arty, as well as a few onboard mortars. Yanks got a decent number of Shermans, as well as a good compliment of mechanized infantry and both offboard and on map arty.

Without going into too many details, Titan executed a well planned attack. He took his time, used his resources well, and made good use of smoke and terrain to cover his advance. We had a number of armor and gun, as well as arty, exchanges, which finally resulted in his taking the Monastery, having tenuous control of the Hilltop Town, and making a desperate attempt on the Flak Nest. Towards the end, I had nothing left, armor wise, other than a mobile AT gun with broken morale, and one stationary AT gun with limited coverage. Titan still had one Sherman that he was trying to use to help secure the Hilltop Town, but it was in a panicked state and retreating at every perceived threat.

The game went into overtime for five minutes. The final five or six minutes of the game had devolved into both of us running panicked troops at the Hilltop Town VL in an effort to have a single man on it at the end of the game. In the very last turn, a couple of my broken troops, wielding nothing more than small arms and pissing their pants, managed to kill one of the two guys Titan had on the Hilltop Town VL, and scare the remaining troop, and his last Sherman off the VL. :) And then, of course, they themselves ran away, so neither of us got the points for that VL.

Final Result: German Major Victory

Props to Titan for a well executed attack. I'm not going to say a thing about scalps, sheep, or beating him with the Italians, no sir!

Last edited:

Hardradi

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
hhardradi@gmail.com
Were you a mixed force of Luftwaffe and Italians?

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Ahh, overemphasising it as an Italian victory. :D
Far from a italian dominated army, good German inf supported by x4 panzer IV 75L...Plus two either MKIV or MK3 with a 37mm, he knocked out a sherman with one. Plus x2 88mm AT guns x2 75mm AT guns plus a 50mm Pak....a Marder 75mm plus a HT with a 37mm Plus Arty and a Amoured car....Not a bad defence force. I had x6 Shermans plus the a add hoc group of US inf pretty much a watered down company of scouts and some a regular platoon and other small unit stuff and x2 75mm (Howitzer) Halftracks. And he was Defending!!! Its what i call a real challenge for the attacker. Im looking forward to going defending agasint him when he gives me the chance