Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Machine Game Reload Help

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
My machine crashed and I had to reload Windows.
Of course now I have to reload something like a dozen files to get the four CM games running again.
I'm about to run the 4.0 Big Bundle but just want to make sure all the games are ready for it.

Final Blitzkrieg & Red Thunder says Game Engine 3
Although I activated CM Fortress Italy V3.0 the splash screen says V1.20
And CM Normandy says V2.1 at the bottom.

Does Italy and Normand show these revs when they get the 3.0 upgrade?

Doh ...!

I did have a couple of the titles running as dual copies in "old"versions, but not any longer ... cannot now remember for certain how they were labelled. Sorry!

If you have the v4 upgrade there is a much easier way to get the latest version - the full installs. When you go to download the upgrade you can choose to download the full versions - that means you do *not* need to have a correctly working older version around.

Any time you need to start fresh on a new machine this is a much easier one and done way to install. Heck even if you skipped some patches or upgrades it is easier too.

BTW @PhilM CMBS should show 2.10 - there is a patch for it that you don't have. And I recently found out that the full installer for BS does not include that patch either - so it is the one game that needs two files to bring you up to date.

If you have the v4 upgrade there is a much easier way to get the latest version - the full installs. When you go to download the upgrade you can choose to download the full versions - that means you do *not* need to have a correctly working older version around.

Any time you need to start fresh on a new machine this is a much easier one and done way to install. Heck even if you skipped some patches or upgrades it is easier too.

BTW @PhilM CMBS should show 2.10 - there is a patch for it that you don't have. And I recently found out that the full installer for BS does not include that patch either - so it is the one game that needs two files to bring you up to date.

Thanks for the pointer about CMBS: I do already have that, thanks, I didn't bother posting that screen (redundant as they were anyway ... :oops: ) as @Gunner mentioned only the WW2 titles in his OP.

Back