Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

H

Homewrecker

Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this forum after being sent here from the CM forums for scenario design information. I'm still working on my first, and playtesting myself in an effort to learn basic AI plans and how they work. With the release of SF2 have started doing some research on the Syrian civil war. There is a lot to explore there and definitely some scenario possibilities Id like to look into as I build and improve my skills.

Looking forward to learning here and contributing to the community.

Chris

Good hello and welcome! :)
scenario and map design is great fun :)

Big welcome to the Club @Homewrecker The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Thanks, and just to be clear, this is a reference to a food item, and not the obvious negative connotation.

Hello Chris, welcome to The Few Good Men! :2charge:

Good to have you with us! :)

Greetings, @Homewrecker! You have already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. There are a few scenario designers lurking about. Feel free to use the forum's Private Message function ("Inbox" envelope icon on the right side of the FGM menu bar) when you wish to contact any. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

NEWBIE ALERT! - NEWBIE ALERT! - NEWBIE ALERT! - Heh-He!! (Do worry about Zinzan, he's harmless - except to yer mental-health, - but still irritating :p)

Welcome to the nice place, always good to see a scenario designer wandering in. Feel free to walk around, ask questions and bully people ino commenting on stuff. There's a lot of knowledge, experience and damned cussedness round here. Mostly a good humour but feel free to smack down if necessary - (just don't expect a turned cheek in reply. :) )

Thanks everyones for the welcomes! Quick question. I mentioned I am working on my first scenario. Gonna be a while before im ready for anyone else to look at it. In any case it was more of a project to learn the editor, AI plans, triggers and such. Finally had a breakthrough on the AI plans last night after some struggle. Can I post any updates here, or is that better served over at the BFC forums?

Will do @Badger73 . I'll put something together within the next week. Have company in town this weekend. Got a few triggers working today, all very basic stuff. Learned from proambulators videos on YouTube. Highly recommended to watch if you are new to it. They are simple to follow and replicate while giving you a little insight into how you can lay out simple plans and even more complitcated ones once you get the hang of it. Still confused about how to use the exit between times to create a different effect and maybe more precise timings?

Back