Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Tournament Question

I can play

• CM Battle for Normandy only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to start a new tournament with the working title “The Probe Tournament”
As the name suggests these will be all Probe scenarios. (Scouts Out Tournament were all ME’s)

I have the first CMBN scenario complete.

I had planned 2 CMBN scenarios and 2 scenarios using a different game.
I did a poll on who has what game a while back but didn’t get much feedback.
So I’m going to go with CM Final Blitzkrieg.

I start another Poll here (see top of page)
Another difference is I will looking for scenario designers who, for obvious reasons, will not be able to play in the tournament although the following may be a work around for this.

There will be four scenarios and I think this time, instead of grading them 10-20-30-40% (which wasn’t a big hit or very effective by the way) I’ll just drop the lowest score. This way if I can get 3 more designers and they can have the choice of playing the other 3 scenarios they didn’t design and not be able to drop the lowest (obviously).

Of course!
Let me say that this is not a sign up thread so no need here to say if you're in or not.
That will come probably the end of next week.
Bootie will make the first announcement of the sign up and I'll take from there.
All I want to know is if people have both CMBN and CMFB so please just answer the poll here.
Actually, I'm hoping that at least 16 do because that will be the minimum to start this effort.

Of course if you have any questions or want to discuss the tournament here is a good place to start. :)

@MeatEtr , and anyone else, let me ask your opinion. With the scouts out tourney for rounds 2-4 I matched the highest scores and lowest scores together 1vs2 - 3vs4 - 4vs5 etc to try and even things out a bit. I think though, that this lead to the same people playing each other in a couple or several rounds. I was thinking this time to make a random draw for each round. What do you think?

Tired of being beaten up by the same guy eh?
:p

But I agree and I already put it in the rules.

ii.) There will be a total of four rounds, one game each round.

For each Round, Players will be matched at random.
No two players will play each other twice.
If a random draw matches two players from an earlier round there will be another draw until all opponents are meeting for the first time.

So, not actually random then... Just being pedantic I actually am fine with the semi random treatment. I wonder how easy it will be to generate the fourth round where no one plays someone they played before?

There is another possibility: round one is randomly generated and rounds two, three and four are just a shift of opponents by one.

So, not actually random then... Just being pedantic I actually am fine with the semi random treatment. I wonder how easy it will be to generate the fourth round where no one plays someone they played before?

There is another possibility: round one is randomly generated and rounds two, three and four are just a shift of opponents by one.

Yeah I forgot to mention this, so like when everybody has played each other then we can start back to the random draws for repeats. Or something like that, whatever you decide, its your tourney! (y)

How about "Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Random-Like Draw" :)
There's only 4 scenarios and a minimum of 12 players, 6 on 6.
What I can do is when choosing opponents I can remove a players previous opponents and randomly draw from who's left.

If you need more players, count me in! I'm still a newbie but I'll give it my best ^^

Back