Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Oh Dear Chuck Yeager

Haha good ol' Chuck. Typical fighter pilot. This is nothing new for him. If you've read his book, Yeager, he speaks in the same manner about the NASA test pilots back in the day (of whom Neil Armstrong was one). He held them in utter contempt and didn't mince words about how he felt. He definitely has his opinions!

Don't seem like a man who gets a lot of visitors on his birthdays!

The problem with American People is that they are so built up that they think they are 'God'.... Mr Yeager is apparently one (it is a great thing to be opinionated but it is another thing to be shallow in tough times)... you wanna read something interesting try some 'Teddy' Books...
  • 1882 The Naval War of 1812
  • 1885 Hunting Trips of a Ranchman
  • 1887 Thomas Hart Benton
  • 1888 Essays on Practical Politics
  • 1888 Gouverneur Morris
  • 1888 Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail
  • 1889 The Winning of the West
  • 1891 New York
  • 1893 The Wilderness Hunter
  • 1893 American Big Game, with George Bird Grinnell
  • 1894 The Winning of the West
  • 1895 Hero Tales from American History, with Henry Cabot Lodge
  • 1895 Hunting in Many Lands, with George Bird Grinnell
  • 1897 American Ideals
  • 1897 Some American Game
  • 1897 Trail and Campfire, with George Bird Grinnell
  • 1899 The Rough Riders
  • 1900 Oliver Cromwell
  • 1900 The Strenuous Life
  • 1902 The Deer Family, with T.S. Van Dyke, D.G. Elliot, and A.J. Stone
  • 1904 Addresses and Messages
  • 1905 Outdoor Pastimes of an American Hunter
  • 1905 The Winning of the West
  • 1907 Good Hunting
  • 1909 Outdoor Eidtorials
  • 1910 African and European Addresses
  • 1910 African Game Trails
  • 1910 American Problems
  • 1910 The New Nationalism
  • 1910 Presidential Addresses and State Papers
  • 1912 The Conservation of Womanhood and Childhood
  • 1912 Realizable Goals
  • 1913 Autobiography
  • 1913 History as Literature
  • 1913 Progressive Principles
  • 1914 Through the Brazilian Wilderness
  • 1914 African Game Animals, with Edmund Heller
  • 1915 America and the World War
  • 1916 A Book-Lovers Holiday in the Open
  • 1916 Fear God and Take Your Own Part
  • 1917 The Foes of Our Own Household
  • 1917 Social Justice and Popular Rule
  • 1917 National Strength and International Duty
  • 1918 The Great Adventure
  • 1919 Letters to His Children
I have read the ones in bold, and I suggest for all Americans they should read some of his writings... we have gotten way off base with how we treat both are Allies ( we snub them ) and our enemies ( we give them $$ and stoopid ass support ).... its a shame that America has become a country of many Materialistic Assholes and Corrupt Politicians... I know for a fact that middle Americans that work hard for the little they get are the nicest people... Hell I moved away from the East Coast cause everyone is into 'What do I own', 'What do I have', 'I don't give a poop about anybody but me'............ ok sorry done yappin,.... read some Teddy R - Essays on Practical Politics and American Problems are good places to start....

Cheers

Why do Americans say things like "the greatest democracy on earth". Why does it often seem they think to be the chosen people? Where does that come from?

Many American's are spoiled and have no sense of history... Unfortunately a lot are like that, but not all... There are millions who take pride in their country (like most countries have), but then there are the ones who believe they should be 'entitled' to everything because this is America... Myself, I only have time for people who have pride in their lives, and who understand what America is built on... 30-40 years ago there werent many Americans who acted like dickheads and showed no respect for others, today there are millions... I love my country, I am 58 years old and I hate say this but; I believe a decade or two after I die America will succumb to a state of unruley unrest, destruction, and another civil war (and it might be a race war)... just my opinion... but Mr Blitzkrieg, Its tough to be 'stereo-typed' as Americans who think they are the chosen people... I guess you have not spent much time in America... or have only met the Americans who are wealthy enough to travel and get coddled because other countries want their money (you should see some of the advertising in America, and what the tourism ads project)... it is quite funny... anywho... just my two sense (Usually when I say this I have almost everybody pissed off at me...lmfao)

Why do Americans say things like "the greatest democracy on earth". Why does it often seem they think to be the chosen people? Where does that come from?

And did you already see the Dutch contribution to the 2016 presidential election? http://www.luckytv.nl/time-of-my-life/

We aren't all like that. And that video is funny as hell. Bravo!

Not to worry lads... there be a robot in every household soon, and hopefully in every parliament!

I think you all ought to dig a little deeper into history and you'll see America isn't the only country afflicted with a perceived superiority complex. Why, during most of the 18th & 19th centurys Englishmen pursued and inflicted colonialism on vast areas of the planet in the name of Queen and country and then justified it that the Englidh way was the best way. You know it and us yanks know it...

I think you all ought to dig a little deeper into history and you'll see America isn't the only country afflicted with a perceived superiority complex. Why, during most of the 18th & 19th centurys Englishmen pursued and inflicted colonialism on vast areas of the planet in the name of Queen and country and then justified it that the Englidh way was the best way. You know it and us yanks know it...

True enough, but that was 200 hundred years ago.

Plus, you guys need to ease up on Chuck. He's like most old guys, he has extreme opinions and absolutely no filter. I am sure you've run into them at your local pub or your family reunion....

Back