Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Old but new

H

Humbug

Hello chaps.

Been playing Combat Mission on and off (mostly off) since CMBB. But exclusively against AI.
I own CMBN with expansions (not engine 4 as of yet) and have barely played for a couple of years now. But just got a craving for CM again and am curious to try some head to head, since the AI is getting a bit dull.
What little strategic and tactical knowledge I had from playing the AI I feel has gone with the wind from my long hiatus, and I'd most likely get my proverbial ass handed to me if I tried head to head.
What would be the chances of someone with a lot of experience under their belt to take me under their wing and have an educational match or two, I wonder?

If so, would there be a need to update to engine 4? I've heard it has it's fair share of problems, and paying for a patch with serious issues at the moment doesn't sound too attractive, to be honest.

Cheers!

Hi-de-Hi @Humbug

Greetings and good luck (you'll need it reading this post) - you've arrived at the right place. Several of our more mercenary members eg. Titan, the Meats etc should be along soon - they're like dogs around a bitch on heat - So someone should offer to "teach you a lesson" or two soon (Ignore him, he's the resident "village idiot")

In all seriousness greetings, have fun and fight well - ask, tell, run, slump & generally have a good time whilst you're here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, @Humbug! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming. Have fun.

Big welcome to the Club @Humbug The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hi-de-Hi @Humbug

Several of our more mercenary members eg. Titan, the Meats etc should be along soon - they're like dogs around a bitch on heat - So someone should offer to "teach you a lesson" or two soon (Ignore him, he's the resident "village idiot")

In all seriousness greetings, have fun and fight well - ask, tell, run, slump & generally have a good time whilst you're here.
Who are you calling a bitch? That's not very nice. ;)
You will need to get any CM game you have upgraded to current v4.0 before we can slap you around. :cool:

I was afraid of that. I heard there's a lot of spotting and LOS issues with 4.0 and I don't particularly want to break my game. Are these issues overblown?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Looking forward to having a game against a real human.

<snipped>
I was afraid of that. I heard there's a lot of spotting and LOS issues with 4.0 and I don't particularly want to break my game. Are these issues overblown?
<snipped>

Somewhat, except for pixeltruppen immediately breaking cover under indirect artillery fire. However, you can use that to your advantage against the enemy too.
If your system has sufficient storage capacity, I suggest that you copy your CMx2 games to an alternate/backup directory which you leave at v3. A shortcut to that .exe file will let you continue playing that version. Then update your primary game directories to v4. This way you can play either version as needed and join FGM's H2H mayhem. :shootero:

Back