Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

One word Riddle:ANSWER-Startling

AMAZING ONE WORD RIDDLE

Here is a brain teaser for you.

What if this was the only question on the exam to pass high school English and earn your diploma. Would you graduate?

What nine letter word in the English language is still a word when eight letters are removed one by one?

Take a few minutes to try and come up with a nine letter word that fits the bill,

Man, thats a head scratcher :)

Be honest, try not to google the answer ;)

I suppose I haven´t enough language skill to solve that one. :( But I´ve a few questions since I´ll try myself nevertheless.

1.) Has the remaining/new built word after every deleting of one letter still to have a sense? Or only the nine letter thing and the one letter thing have a sense???
2.) The new sense is still part of the english language or is/are the new emerging meaning(s) part(s) of other language(s)???
3.) How is it meant the remaining last letter is still a word - in that way as "I/i" stand for my own person and "a" for an indefinite article? Or in that way as "U/u" stand for the word "You" and "r" for "are"???

Greetings

I suppose I haven´t enough language skill to solve that one. :( But I´ve a few questions since I´ll try myself nevertheless.

1.) Has the remaining/new built word after every deleting of one letter still to have a sense? Or only the nine letter thing and the one letter thing have a sense???
2.) The new sense is still part of the english language or is/are the new emerging meaning(s) part(s) of other language(s)???
3.) How is it meant the remaining last letter is still a word - in that way as "I/i" stand for my own person and "a" for an indefinite article? Or in that way as "U/u" stand for the word "You" and "r" for "are"???

Greetings

As you take one letter away each time a proper word is left, no tricks straight forward English

So as the eighth letter is removed, leaving only 1, it s still a word....and not an "A" or "I"? Are the letters removed from the end to the beginning?

Back