Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Operation Doppelkopf

D

Dutch Grenadier

Kelmé quadrant August 15, 1944

With Operation Bagration being a great succes for the Russian 3rd Belorussian front the
German XXXIX Panzer Corps, under the command of General Von Saucken, is planning to launch a counter offensive.
During this offensive the German XXXIX Corps would advance towards Kelmé. Hoping to caught the Russians by
surprise general Von Saucken orders his Aufklarungstruppen to start scouting the Russian lines.
The Russian 3rd Belorussian front halted at Kelmé for a small break and to resupply their units.
To defend the units that are being resupplied the Russian 159th Rifle divsion dug in around Kelmé.

On the morning of August the 15th Von Saucken starts his counter offensive. He orders his Aufklarungstruppen to find the gaps in the Russian minefields and defensive lines. They also need to try and spot the Russian anti-aircraft guns.

The Russians also launch a small recon force to patrol the area. Their mission is to identify any German units in the area.

Russian intel also reports that Von Sauckens HQ unit is present to coordinate the German scouts.
Russian units heard rumors of the famous German tank ace Otto Carius being present with his Tiger platoon.

This will be a 1vs1 campaign consisting of 3 battle's.
-battle 1: night recon, 30min
-battle 2: German attack, ??? (to be discussed)
-battle 3: either a ME or Russian attack (depending on the outcome of battle 2), ???

For battle 1 these are the OOB's
German forces
XXXIX Corps HQ
-HQ team (Von Saucken)
-HQ support
-2x Flak38mm
-2x HMG42
-1x Forward observer team

16 Panzer Aufklarung Regiment
-HQ: PSW234/1
-Support platoon: 3x PSW234/3
-Armored car platoon: 2x PSW234/1, 4x PSW234/2 (Puma)
-Light recon tank platoon: 6x PzIIL (Lynx)
-Armored recon infantry company: 3x armored recon infantry platoon, 1x mortar platoon
-Armored pioneer platoon: 1x armored pioneer platoon
-2x sniper

2. Panzer Regiment
-Sturmartillery platoon: 3x StuH42

502 Schwere Panzer Abteilung
-Tiger platon: 4x Tiger I (incl. Otto Carius and Albert Kerschner)

-2. Panzer Regiment Artillery
-4x 150mm Howitzer

Russian forces
159th Rifle division
-2x Rifle company
-Machinegun company: 2x HMG platoon (10x Maxim1910/platoon)
-Medium mortar battery: 2x mortar platoon (3x mortar/platoon)
-Medium anti-tank company: 2x anti-tank platoon (6x 76mm anti-tank gun/platoon)
-2x Anti-aircraft battery: 2x anti-aircraft platoon (2x 37mm AA gun/platoon)
-Recon company: 3x recon platoon, 3x BA-64B)

Fortifications:
-180x mixed mines
-trenches
-foxholes

The OOB's for battle 2 and 3 shall be discussed between us. (large/massive OOB's).

This is the map I've created (2200mx2200m), rolling hills, Kelmé and some small village's.

I'm looking for a Russian player who:
-doesn't mind a little bit of roleplaying:
-post AAR's, screens/video's of the battle's:
-has a decent turnrate

So who is up for this? First come is first go :D

Link to the blank version of the map
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyevp99l0rj68l5/Operation Doppelkopf (blank).btt

Wiki of the operation
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Doppelkopf

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick me pick me !

Alright mate your up! Post some screens or video's often and I shall do the same. I do require at least 1 or 2 turns a day to keep these battle's flowing.

I'm at my mother in law birhtday atm. First file will be up tomorrow morning. Most of this campaign will be made up from time to time :D. Your main character will be the commander of the 159th rifle. So "role play" him a bit. I shall do the same with Von Saucken and Otto Carius. Your "hero" will make his presence during battle 2.

Thanks! I'll post a link tomorrow. (I'm getting some ugly faces from the wife and her mom :D) so I'll leave my phone alone for now... (atleast I'll give it a try)

I've edit the link to the wiki of the operation for some background information.

@nathangun

DB invite sent and first file is up. Enjoy mate! I have a lot of cool stuff planned for this :D

August 15, 1944 near Kelmé.

On this warm night General Von Saucken sits in a forward foxhole somewhere on the frontline in the Kelmé quadrant. In the far distance lies the town of Kelmé the objective for his XXXIX Corps. Von Saucken knows this town is heavily defended but nonetheless he is determent to capture it. He tells his radio operator to sent the following message:

To Hauptmann Penzel:
"Herr Hauptmann proceed with your mission. Viel Glück und Gott ist mit uns"

HQ out

His thoughts are with the brave men he is sending forward to an uncertain destination. "I wish this madness will be over soon. To many good lives have been lost and many more will follow."

No, I just did the password :)

DOH... :oops:

Alright for this first mission it is not about who wins or loose. I just need to minimalize casualties and I need to try and find your AA guns. Also I need to find any gabs in your minefields and defensive line.

You mission is to try and inflict some casualties and scout my units.

Once we are done I would like your final turn. I shall then place the units that I have spotted for mission 2. Also I shall leave wrecks (if any) on the spot where they were destroyed and do some battle damage. We shall both decide our OOB for mission 2. (mostly historically correct). I have many cool idea's for mission 2 and 3 :D

Good luck and have fun!

Can't wait for your screens and storytelling

-setup a perimeter
-place minefields
-setup airdefences
-let out a small recon party to scout German forces

Done, If it's OK. It would be great to have a bigger set-up zone in the next battle, there is lots of cover but I'm unable to set-up in them only beside them, or even in the town.
Also, there are lots of places where I have no LOS to the "mined" area and subsequently unable to defend it because of the thin area of the set-up zone.
Beautiful map by the way, you should upload it to the Battlefront repository.

Don't worry. This is just a recon battle to get things going. And only 30min. The next one will be a regular battle with a massive deployment zone for you.

Thanks for the compliment about the map.

And it is not about winning or loosing. Just a nice scenario with some roleplaying telling the story :D

My file will be up tomorrow. Off to bed soon.

Back