Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Opponents

Facman

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Well there's still room on my dance card, so if your looking for a match, drop me a line.
I dont like QBs, but will play mirrored scenarios.

1coyotebrotheratgmaildotcom

Whats a mirrored scenario Facman? I keep seeing this term...

Scenarios can be unbalanced and affect ones standings on the ladders in a negative way. In order to bring balance to the equation, when playing a mirrored scenario, you will play the scenario twice, switching sides after the first game. This gives both players a chance to play the favored side and balance the results on the ladders.

Good explanation, thanks for that. It was something that I was wondering about.

I am sure it does... sounds like the best way to play an unbalanced scenario.... I am just thinking here, it would seem to me that a balanced scenario mirrored would becomed unbalanced in a negative way for the player on the attack in the first game... or maybe not. Either way, no tricks up anyones sleeves second game.

Still sounds fun. I have been sick lately, if I get better anytime soon and you still have a slot open I will take you up on a game.

Thanks Bootie & NG, I wasn't aware of that unwritten rule. I understand why one would do it that way.
I also see that playing both at the same time allows for intelligence (specifically, OB & Rein & Terrain) about the scenario, that one wouldn't have, were you to play them subsequently. Seems like having that knowledge would have as much of an effect on the scenario balance, as playing them sequentially. It would therefore seem logical for two players to agree to which way they want to handle this aspect, as opposed to an unwritten rule.

I for one, love the mystery that comes with playing without knowing my opponents OB, rein schedule & disposition. If that means I get the short end once in awhile, so be it. Im here for the long haul and those things will equal out. Besides, Im here more for the camaraderie than the tally.

The mystery is more important to me too :)

You still have a slot open? I haven't played any scenarios but cats and dogs and the train station one.... I prefer Axis if I have to choose.

I have a slot open. You pick the side and send me the file. Do you want to play a mirrored game? If so, do you want to play simultaneously or sequentially? I understand the unwritten rule, but stand by my right to make that decision with my opponents agreement, regardless of the unwritten rule.

I can go either way but one at a time sounds good to me. Hazzar is supposed to be good, lets give that one a try. File on its way.

Back