Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Oroville Dam Saga

I'm finding this whole situation just fascinating. There is no (current) threat to the dam itself, but the extent of the damage to the spillway is breathtaking!

You know, they inspect dams on a regular basis. Terry, why don't you stir the pot, call that reporter, ask him to file a freedom of information act for all the dam inspection reports and we can all have a good laugh as all the bureaucrats play "duck and cover..."

HOA_KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry

Yep, I expect this whole saga has eroded your citizens faith in the responsible agencies. I am surprised your legislators have not been flooded with calls demanding some action. Citizen anger generally spills over, making way for sweeping changes.

Yep, I expect this whole saga has eroded your citizens faith in the responsible agencies. I am surprised your legislators have not been flooded with calls demanding some action. Citizen anger generally spills over, making way for sweeping changes.
icon.jpg

Once opun a time, a wise man set me on his knee,...taught me to pun most cleverly...I see however the current runs strong...all your opinions think my puns are oh so wrong...but they build behind the dam, building, building until over the top they go...spilling over across the land, inundating all in the way... On this and every other day, until all the rest you start to pray...or maybe you won't, that my puns go away...

Very interesting saga. so whose responsible for the failure?

Asking the wrong question, my friend. No one takes responsibility for any failure these days. Denial is the modern way, and let's all get together and clap our hands as the collective does damage control on a shit engineering job.

Last edited:
Back