Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Passengers

P

PoorOldSpike

Test: Embarking/ disembarking is the same as Cm1:

The halftrack has 12 passenger seats (grey dots, circled) The two blue dots are driver and gunner.
bo1.gif

And the US squad has 10 men, so there's more than enough room to get on board.
Select the squad and click any type of movement (i'll use Fast) and set their waypoint on the vehicle,
you'll know it's correctly placed when it's sitting a few feet off the ground on top of the veh-
bo3.gif

Start the turn and they'll pile in-
bo4.gif

Give the htrack any type of move order to where you want it to go, i'll use 'Fast'-
bo5.gif

Then give the infantry a movement order to where you want them to go.
I'll send them into the barn-
bo6.gif

The veh races into the farmyard and lurches to a stop, and the men auto-jump out-
bo7.gif

And run into the barn through the door-
bo8.gif

And take up a position looking out the windows on the far side-
bo9.gif

Sweep the 'Target' line around to check out their LOS-
bo11.gif

Later I run them on, and they auto-use the door!
Notice the two windows which they crowded round when they were in there-
bo12.gif

SUMMARY- you don't have to wait for the veh to stop before ordering the men to get out; you can issue their move order while they're still aboard and they'll automatically jump out the instant the veh stops.

Passengers in the back of a US halftrack can be given a "target" command, and they stand and fire from the passenger area of the halftrack. Kinda fun to watch.

of course, I'd like to play with that and do my own "drive-by's"

drive bys

oh poo

Here's a useful tip, you can give the HT a pause command on the check point where the infantry disembark and then give it more movement commands to another location.

And I forgot to mention you can issue the 'Dismount' command to make them get out and stay with the veh instead of givng them a waypoint that would move them away from it.

Back