Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

PBEM opponents needed --- Medium Quick battle on a New Map

Is there an equivalence between a first post and multiplayer experience I'm not seeing?

Most new members introduce themselves over in the "introductions" forum section before they post in LFG section and say "no noobs". ;)

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/introductions.177/

Post something up and tell us a bit about yourself, or at least about your gaming history. We're generally a friendly, easy to get along with bunch. If you are looking for some competitive Combat Mission, we do have some good players here.

My apologies --- didn't mean to seem brash --- Been playing competitive PBEM for years now with a close friend, recently started PUB pickup games and had a guy join a game who had literally never launched the game before trying multiplayer --- and so I added that tag line out of reflex to that situation :D --- So --- Not dictating experience levels per say, although I can see how it sounded like that --- just looking for a even matchup, as you guys know .... there's a bit of a learning curve. :D Any takers??

I would totally take you on, but about to be out of town for two weeks, so you will most likely fine another opponent sooner than I will be back. However after 9/10 if you still have a spot I'll be ready to get some more games going. I'm always interested in maps that are not stock, and it sounds like you have worked something up.

I've only been playing H2H for maybe a year and a half, so not as long as you, but I think I can bring a pretty good ruckus.

Sounds good! Hit me up at bozilas1981@gmail.com when you are ready---- Check out this link to all the Medium maps of FB ---- its a recon photo folder with deployment zones identified (if you've played a lot of PBEM you know how annoying it is to choose a map and know where allied / axis boundaries are --- in fact, you HAVE to know to buy forces strategically) --- I made it to help me quickly setup scenarios, sure is helpful --- have yet to do the Large or Small maps yet, it's a pretty tedious process :D (perhaps much like reading this post is.) :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h2jbajq7lsor06v/AAAqwlFVmVnETo_Eh79G8s5ba?dl=0

Just got back in town. So do you have a new map or not? The dropbox links just appear to be stock maps, but showing the setup zones for each side.

I completely disagree that you have to know where the opposing sides setup boundary is to properly purchase a force. In fact I think it works better if each side does not know the exact setup boundaries of their opponent. There would be no way in real life to tell exactly where the enemy is and isn't on a map. Plus it makes proper recon (important skill) more involved. Force purchase should be made based on terrain and objectives, that is all that is required to make adequate purchases. I'm not going to look through the dropbox you made up, it lessens the experience for me. Plus it is fairly easy to make general assumptions about where the enemy will be, whether you are defending or attacking. Of course after a bit of play someone might get a repeat map and know more about a setup zone, and of course with a mirrored game each player would have full knowledge of each setup zone. Otherwise I would never look at the map (QB or especially scenario) from my opponents viewpoint. Knowing the other players setup zone in a QB isn't a total game changer of course, but I just prefer to not go that route.

If you have a new map like you said earlier let's get on it. If you have a stock map you want to play, propose a battle and I'll pick a side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read all you've said respectfully. I'm not sure why I said "new map" on my subject line --- I have all the stock FB maps and no others.... how about you setup a map (choose either side) and I'll play it blind as per your request --- just share a DB folder to bozilas1981@gmail.com --- you make some good points, perhaps a meeting engagement on a medium map of your choice?

-Boz

Just got back in town. So do you have a new map or not? The dropbox links just appear to be stock maps, but showing the setup zones for each side.

I completely disagree that you have to know where the opposing sides setup boundary is to properly purchase a force. In fact I think it works better if each side does not know the exact setup boundaries of their opponent. There would be no way in real life to tell exactly where the enemy is and isn't on a map. Plus it makes proper recon (important skill) more involved. Force purchase should be made based on terrain and objectives, that is all that is required to make adequate purchases. I'm not going to look through the dropbox you made up, it lessens the experience for me. Plus it is fairly easy to make general assumptions about where the enemy will be, whether you are defending or attacking. Of course after a bit of play someone might get a repeat map and know more about a setup zone, and of course with a mirrored game each player would have full knowledge of each setup zone. Otherwise I would never look at the map (QB or especially scenario) from my opponents viewpoint. Knowing the other players setup zone in a QB isn't a total game changer of course, but I just prefer to not go that route.

If you have a new map like you said earlier let's get on it. If you have a stock map you want to play, propose a battle and I'll pick a side.

A) This was a great little scrape we fought. Kudos to you, learned just by watching you!
B) You're dead on about the meeting engagements being a more dynamic fight.... there's a chance for both sides to go on offense and it's just an absolute blast.
C) See point A. Wish I could download your thoughts / moves sir.... how much would that cost me? Great player!

Back