Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] Normandy landscapes

Drop re-enactment near Ranville 2009
Ranville-nrCaen2009.jpg

Great pictures, POS, it makes one look at the battles in a different way. Did you go there yourself?

No mate I found the pics scattered around the net.
I've only been abroad once in my life, a pedal-bike ride from Leicester (England) to Paris and back in 1975 (800 miles round trip over 8 days), but I've never much liked travelling and haven't even been outside Plymouth for the past four years.
The only thing that'd make me leave is if some bird somewhere asks me to shack up with her, I wouldn't mind marrying a rich old American widow and spending the rest of my days relaxing by her poolside in Miami..:)

Hahaha....well, hope springs eternal, doesn't it? But let me compliment you with the magnificent collection of pictures you posted on this site. I don't know where to look first.

Hahaha....well, hope springs eternal, doesn't it? But let me compliment you with the magnificent collection of pictures you posted on this site. I don't know where to look first.

Thanks mate, the trick is to computer-enhance them before posting (darken/lighten/sharpen/enlarge etc) ; I enhance about 9 pics out of every 10 which I post in FGM, hell will freeze before I ever post a tiny grainy dull pic..:)
PS- I welcome feedback all the time on how my FGM pics look on different peoples monitors so I can correct them if necessary, for example most of the Normandy pics in this thread seem a bit too light since I bought a new monitor, shall I darken them slightly?

You could. It will make them look even more like the pictures made in 1944. But you don't have to, they look fine the way they are. Can you also provide pictures of the city of Narwa and surroundings? I'm thinking of making a scenario about that sooner or later.

Feedback needed- which of the two pics below looks best, 1 or 2?

1-
NormSainteny.jpg

2-
NormSaintenyb.jpg

I like pic 2 best because it's darker.
If members give me feedback saying they like pic 2 i'll make all the others darker too.

I'll try to find pics of Narva terrain

Perhaps dark is best, I'm not a good judge on such matters, I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying to find Narwa pics.

Thank you very much. Some of those pictures are unbelievable.

Those places look as if they haven't changed very much in the last 70 years... every time amazing again.

PEGASUS BRIDGE

Peg-map.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back