Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Poem of the ball turret gunner

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner

95048964.jpg

From my mother's sleep I fell into the State,

And I hunched in its belly till my wet fur froze.

Six miles from earth, loosed from its dream of life,

I woke to black flak and the nightmare fighters.

When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose.

by Randall Jarrell - (May 6, 1914 – October 14, 1965) In 1942 he left the university to join the United States Army Air Forces.

Last edited:
ball-turr-42.jpg

Hey I just remembered we had a fun caption contest for the above pic earlier this year..:)
Here are the contributions again in alphabetical order-

Airborne Bob:- "Welcome To Brown Bag Airways...here you go sir..enjoy your flight. And remember to buckle up!"
BanquosGhost:- "Remember to wear your flight socks, you don't want to be getting a DVT"
Mehlsack:- "So, if you have to poop - just open this little door and let it fly. We call it a cluster bomb...!"
POS:- "Yeah it's a bit cramped but the view of Germany and flak bursts and Messerschmitts is great from in there"
Rico:-"Introducing Ryan Air's new "seat with a view"!

Another one:- guy in turret is saying- "Er...guys, has my transfer to the navy come through yet?"

Nice poem Louis.

Theres no way you could get me in there, physically or literally. Joys of being 6 ft 3 inchs.

It seems the ball gunner has the last laugh, it was the SAFEST place on the plane according to this..:)

ball1.gif

ball2.gif

ball3.gif

ball4.gif

ball5.gif

Back