Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Points of Interest

· Glass takes one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!

· Golds the only metal that doesn't rust, even if it's buried in the ground for thousands of years.

· Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.

· If you stop getting thirsty,you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

· Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.

· Kites were used in the American Civil War to deliver letters and newspapers.

· The song, Auld Lang Syne,is sung at the stroke of midnight in almost every English-speaking country in the world to bring in the new year.

· Drinking water after eating reduces the acid in your mouth by 61 percent.

· Peanut oil is used for cooking in submarines because it doesn't smoke unless it's heated above 450F.

· The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.

· Nine out of every 10 living things live in the ocean.

· The banana cannot reproduce itself. It can be propagated only by the hand of man.

· Airports at higher altitudes require a longer airstrip due to lower air density.

· The University of Alaska spans four time zones.

· The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.

· In ancient Greece ,tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional proposal of marriage. Catching it meant she accepted.

· Warner Communications paid 28 million for the copyright to the song Happy Birthday.

· Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

· A comet's tail always point away from the sun.

· The Swine Flu vaccine in 1976 caused more death and illness than the disease it was intended to prevent.

· Caffeine increases the power of aspirin and other painkillers, that is why it is found in some medicines.

· The military salute is a motion that evolved from medieval times, when knights in armor raised their visors to reveal their identity.

· If you get into the bottom of a well or a tall chimney and look up,you can see stars, even in the middle of the day.

· When a person dies,hearing is the last sense to go. The first sense lost is sight.

· In ancient times strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed.

· Strawberries are the only fruits whose seeds grow on the outside.

· Avocados have the highest calories of any fruit at 167 calories per hundred grams.

· The moon moves about two inches away from the Earth each year.

· The Earth gets 100 tons heavier every day due to falling space dust.

· Due to earth's gravity it is impossible for mountains to be higher than 15,000 meters.

· Mickey Mouse is known as "Topolino" in Italy.

· Soldiersdo not march in step when going across bridges because they could set up a vibration which could be sufficient to knock the bridge down.

· Everything weighs one percent less at the equator.

· For every extra kilogram carried on a space flight, 530 kg of excess fuel are needed at lift-off.

· The letter J does not appear anywhere on the periodic table of the elements.

· And last but not least:

· This is called 'Money Bags.'So send this on to 5 people and money will arrive in 5 days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui, the one who does not pass this on will have money troubles for the rest of the year.

Superstitious or not, I passed this along because it is interesting information.

Interesting indeed! Even though, I think, some of the info isn´t up to date anymore. For example: If I´m informed right teeth very well heal but the rate to do so is so slow You would die many times before You would notice the effect. Similar to sinews/cartilage.

The swine flu never ever claimed any victim - only the so called vaccine. Here a video to that topic (You should be attentive from around 6:13 on):

Water is used to weaken acids in chemistry. So it not only do that in Your mouth. What I find much more important water is one of the strongest solvent and has many characterristics what are unique in that and other areas.

And without to be a wisenheimer: Rust is counting only for ferrum (iron). Many other metals oxidate as well but in a totally different manner. Aluminium for example builds a oxidation layer about itself what hinders further oxidation. Rust is feared because it goes on and on, if one don´t do something again, and destroys the metal finally.

Furthermore I would love to know how it was done one learned what sense die off first if one dies. I can imagine that it is correct if You die a slow (natural) death but is it the same if You get a bullet to the red line or are beheaded? I think not.

Nevertheless, Ted, my "objections" aren´t meant to lessen Your fine post. They should only clarify what I think a a bit blurred information.

Greetings :)

Thank You very much, Ted! I´m still very weak at english if it comes to talking. But that will be one of the next things I will start to better. That and a revival of my russian language skills. Not that there is something yet but it was - once. Same counts for francaise/french. :) To my time I was relatively good at it.

Have a nice Easter and Easter Feast! Nice celebration days to You and Stella!

Greetings :)

Back