Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

PUBG

Hardradi

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Had another go at this game yesterday. Must have played about 3 hours and did not get one kill. I landed a few bullets but no one went down. Sometimes I was double teamed. Anyone else have the same experience with this game?

I also played Counter Strike Source for about an hour. I used to play this years ago. Managed to get a 3:1 kill ratio not in my favour.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a hugely popular FPS game.
It became widely hacked, making the game pretty much unplayable.

It was the first instance I can recall where there were arrests made by police in relation to a game.
Some of the hack programs people bought were also phishing their computers for sensitive info.

PUBG developers then put all their resources into stopping the hacking, because they were losing all their customers.
I heard that they have had some success, but no PvP game is impenetrable forever.

Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between an opponent being very skillful, very lucky, or hacking for an advantage.
Other times there is little doubt that hacking is taking place.

Actually I remembered that I got a "knockout" against a player (by shooting him) but his team mate got me. I think that is pretty close to a kill. :)

In another game I actually got to one of the crates and got the sniper suite. I had an AR but no scope. Hid up on a hill in the grass. After a while a two man squad passed by. I blasted one of them at pretty close range and thought he was dead. The other guy went around me. I waited. He came up from the side and got me. On the replay it looked like they were both ok in the end. The guy I had shot may have just been staying put, not sure. Even camping at close range I could not get a kill. :confused:

My skill in shooter games is only medium (low on some days haha).
In games like Squad or Post Scriptum I will often provide help to my squad by patiently covering a flank with an MG, or using my smoke grenades to do my medic skills while under fire (which results in low kill scores for me).

There are players I'm up against who have thousands of hours playing FPS games and are more practiced with spotting, aiming and shooting quickly. Doesn't stop me though, and I'm always improving.
There are times, where I think 'either I was just facing an international e-sports celebrity...or something was fishy with that one'.

The way Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) works in Squad and Post Scriptum, is it will gather evidence over several gaming sessions before it brings down the ban hammer.
I take mental note of players names that consistently have very high kill scores and low death rates.
Usually, I will see them for a few days in a row, and then suddenly they are gone, never to reappear on any server. Adios, sucker.

I had no indication of the event being planned, and only stumbled across it by chance after it had finished.

There is an FGM ARMA 3 EVENTS CALENDAR which I keep up to date. Times are GMT.​
Going forward, the best place to check in on is Steam in group The FGM Arma3 Squad. There are 16 FGM members already there. More are welcome.​

Would I just need the base game?

I think so. Then you need to subscribe to and activate specific WW2 mods for each co-op gaming session. @Ithikial and @Josey Wales - would you please verify?​

I turned on my PC and saw everyone on Arma3.

Yep. Checking "Friends" status on Steam is a nice feature and very helpful that way. Glad you could join us!​

For future reference, @Para tends to run "come as you are" two hour events Tuesday evenings GMT. @Josey Wales intends to run at least one, possibly two "organized" events per month on Sunday afternoons GMT. @Bootie has been know to throw something together Saturday afternoons GMT when the women in his life grant him hermit-like access to FGM HQ. There is a FGM Armed Assault III forum thread and, as I mentioned, a FGM Steam Group. They are up to date. Check them regularly.

Now let's return this thread back to PUBG for @Hardradi. Good luck and good gaming! :cheerso:

Sorry to divert thread.

For those wishing just to have a fun knockabout..PJMaybe, myself and Nelson have been having a bit of fun on a Wednesday night WW2 Arma3. Usually starts between 7.45 - 8pm GMT. Vartuoosi joined us last week, it is a bit hit and miss getting the maps and mods to work or indeed the re-spawning issues.

However, PJMaybe has been having a crack at editing maps and i think he has cracked the re-spawning problem. I will have to check with him Tuesday at work but we may be running a fun session Wednesday as usual.

We are not sure how many his server(pc) can accommodate but we have had four players so far, so we could see how 5 or 6 go next time. I will keep you posted.

Sorry to divert thread.

For those wishing just to have a fun knockabout..PJMaybe, myself and Nelson have been having a bit of fun on a Wednesday night WW2 Arma3. Usually starts between 7.45 - 8pm GMT. Vartuoosi joined us last week, it is a bit hit and miss getting the maps and mods to work or indeed the re-spawning issues.

However, PJMaybe has been having a crack at editing maps and i think he has cracked the re-spawning problem. I will have to check with him Tuesday at work but we may be running a fun session Wednesday as usual.

We are not sure how many his server(pc) can accommodate but we have had four players so far, so we could see how 5 or 6 go next time. I will keep you posted.

Please post future Arma3 messages here.

I have a friend who plays this game and is really good. In his videos, his rate of target acquisition and engagement are just extraordinary. I almost never see what he is shooting at.

I used to be good at FPS back in the day. Now I am just cannon fodder.

Back