Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**QMFB HUGE QB** looking for opponent

@PhilM Turn 3 (my setup turn) sent. As I said in CM Helper chat, I work three 12 hour shifts every Saturday/Sunday/Monday (combined with a 1.5 hour commute), so I generally can't do turns on those days. Feel free to take your time on your setup.

I know we've never played before, but sometimes my chat can get a little rough, so please don't take offense. It's all in good fun.

All joking aside, I don't believe I've ever attacked on such a large scale in any PBEM game. This is going to be a learning experience for me (school of hard knocks style). Thanks @PhilM .

Yep, looks a good battle and an interesting challenge.

I had expected you to be attacking from the far narrow edge of the map and along it lengthwise (if you see what I mean ...) : your sudden appearance in an unexpected place "part way along the map" has upset my applecart a little, it will be interesting to see how things go ...

Just saw this thread, if someone else wants to try this QB I am willing to play it as either attacker or defender. The house rules seem fair and I am currently without a game going. Also I am not a great player so it should be a even match.

Not a DAR, but just some quick observations....

@PhilM *seems* to have gone heavy on armor (as in heavy armor...King Tigers and heavy tank destroyers), and light on infantry. He also seems to have chosen not to occupy at least two of the major victory locations closest to my starting zones. My best guess is he has TRPs on most, if not all, of the VLs, and plans to drop arty on them once he thinks I have sufficient troops occupying those locations to warrant the ammunition expenditure.

How accurate is my prognostication so far, Phil?

Not a DAR, but just some quick observations....

@PhilM *seems* to have gone heavy on armor (as in heavy armor...King Tigers and heavy tank destroyers), and light on infantry. He also seems to have chosen not to occupy at least two of the major victory locations closest to my starting zones. My best guess is he has TRPs on most, if not all, of the VLs, and plans to drop arty on them once he thinks I have sufficient troops occupying those locations to warrant the ammunition expenditure.

How accurate is my prognostication so far, Phil?

Well ... I did get a radio message from my guys at the Front that they had spent quite a few smug minutes watching several enemy heavy arty opening bombardments fall on unoccupied territory: sadly, given their supply levels, the Ami's probably won't notice the wasted ammo ...

But now they have their heads down hiding from the repeat of the earlier wall to wall air attacks ... so they are out of touch just now, and cannot confirm the accuracy of this intel assessment ...

Thought I was about to watch some arty fall through the hatch :)

Back