Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question 385: What is that?(It`s a breast-plate)

A device to work on mines? May be lifting them or arming them.

@Richtig is "richtig" (that means "correct" in German...;)) It`s a breast-plate ("Brustschild"). Well done!

Watch the usage of the breast-plate when throwing an egg-shaped hand grenade in a training film from 1918:
The grenadier did hook the loop of the grenade igniter onto the steel stick to pull off.

http://www.filmportal.de/video/infanterie-nahkampf [at 14:40 min]

I did not find any information regarding the "Brustschild". This item requires further research!

I'll be damned :) I came across the picture of this item when I was searching but didn't recognized it...

Good one!

OK leader board is updated and Richtig your next to post...good job even if it was a guess. :)

@2054172

Do I need to know anything on this? Just an interesting military type question?

Sorry - never expected to be Richtig. :)

Anything related to military and history is fine...could be a picture ( though that gets tricky if you don't want it google imaged in seconds.) Could be a question, look at what others did in the past and even if you have a new idea go for it. Take your time , no rush you have about 72 hours and I will help if needs be...PM me and we could work on it together if you like.

Ok - I have one - posting it now...

Setting my stopwatch - is there a record for quickest answered question - lol

Back