Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question of the Day #4

With out studying WW1 you have no primer to understand the economic and political reasons for WW2. Knowledge is never a bad idea. and u can never have enough of it. Look at American They dont teach much if anything about any of the wars and now they've elected a totalitarian and many of them cant even connect the dots to any time in history where that was a bad idea.

You are speaking out of ignorance, Casper. Many of us here in the USA have a working knowledge of the economic and political upheavals that led to WW1 & WW2. Where are you from? Do you think the average citizen in your country is somehow better educated in the politics of 70 years ago than we are here in the USA? I suspect you are most likely influenced by the sensationalistic news media which probably stereotypes Americans as uncaring of world politics.

++++Admin hat on.++++
Taylor says let's calm this one down.

@casper - Understand you're a new member here but we try to keep modern politics out of the forum posts. Especially posts about the study of World War I.

taylor-swift-bad-blood-video-red-wig-2015-billboard-650-b.jpg

++++Admin hat off.++++

@casper It's all good, bro. To be fair, I don't know what they teach in school these days here in the USA. I do remember that WW1 and 2 were given a good bit of time in my history classes, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Most of what I know, however, I didn't learn in school, but rather learned on my own, both from books and documentaries (and talking to my father, who was born in the 1920s). I also tend to associate with like minded people, so my circle of friends and acquaintances surely have a greater interest in history than your average Joe Sixpack. ;-)

@Ithikial How did you know I like redheads?

@casper It's all good, bro. To be fair, I don't know what they teach in school these days here in the USA. I do remember that WW1 and 2 were given a good bit of time in my history classes, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Most of what I know, however, I didn't learn in school, but rather learned on my own, both from books and documentaries (and talking to my father, who was born in the 1920s). I also tend to associate with like minded people, so my circle of friends and acquaintances surely have a greater interest in history than your average Joe Sixpack. ;-)

@Ithikial How did you know I like redheads?

Anyway -- i think schools shouldn't just teach stuff -- but instill a lifetime curiosity that'll keep one reading and learning long after leaving formal education.

Yeah my bad sorry guys I'm sorry for going there. fear makes you do stupid things and these days I'm terrified:( sorry again for being so uncouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back