Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question on giving the defender extra points on an Attack map for a PBEM match...

The Great White North

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Greetings one and all. Im re vamping a large Allied attack map for the German side. My desire is to add points for the German side say 1000 points for defensive works only. Is there a way to add points to the defenders. Otherwise I'll assume the Ger player will have to do the purchase in normal mode and go over 1000 points then write everything down and purchase it in the editor. I made a version of the map in the editor with some extra defensive pieces like barbed wire ect and saved it then tried to do a Ger purchase and the items we not on the map... Any help or work arounds appreciated!

When you play a quick battle any units or fortifications placed on the map in the scenario editor are ignored. There is also no way to directly add points to the defender's purchase budget. So yes, both players would need to write down their purchases and give them to a 3rd party who would then purchase them in the editor. They would then play the game as a scenario instead of a QB.

Thank you! Yes you are absolutely correct as I tried to find a work around and came up with f - this....

You free in the future for 3rd party work lol!

I posted a CM game engine wish list and this option is on my list...

Very much appreciate your reply..

Best

As a German defender in a QB there are no extra points available to build even some remote defence fortifications of which they would normally do in the real world unless its a senerio without the options of purchasing your forces as the attacker...

Last edited:
You can indirectly "give" the defender more QB points by setting the game as a meeting engagement instead of attack or probe, then using the force adjustment function to give the attacker + whatever percent. If you want a certain number of defender points spent on fortifications only you could just house rule it. This method does change the ratio of victory points for terrain objectives vs. units destroyed but there are ways around that too if needs be.

You can indirectly "give" the defender more QB points by setting the game as a meeting engagement instead of attack or probe, then using the force adjustment function to give the attacker + whatever percent. If you want a certain number of defender points spent on fortifications only you could just house rule it. This method does change the ratio of victory points for terrain objectives vs. units destroyed but there are ways around that too if needs be.
What a great idea! Thank you!!

Last edited:
Back