Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Questions regarding Combat Mission titles on Steam

m.chaput

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
CONTEXT:
Want to start off this thread with a bit of context for people. I used to play CM Fortress Italy + CM Gustav Line on an older MacBook laptop which has since kicked the bucket, therefore I have been out of the loop for some years. I just recently downloaded the demos for the WWII titles on a newer Windows Surface Pro laptop which seems to handle the demos OK. I plan on building a PC for myself in the coming months but do not currently have the funds to do so. I would like to play a combat mission game (in a limited sense) until I can do this.

MY QUESTION(s):
- Are the WWII titles available on steam cross compatible with titles bought directly through the battlefront website? Can I download additional (non steam related) content such as mods and maps on the steam version?
- Are there any performance differences between the games on the battlefront website and games available on steam?
- If I download a combat mission game from steam onto my laptop, will I be able to download the game again later down the line on my PC?

Thank you for your help!

- Are the WWII titles available on steam cross compatible with titles bought directly through the battlefront website? Can I download additional (non steam related) content such as mods and maps on the steam version?

If you buy your games via the battlefront page you can have like 3 versions of one game: Battlefront, Matrix/slitherine and Steam version. They are technically all the same but they cannot be mixed with each other in terms of modules.

So if you bought a module on Steam but you have the main game bought at Battlefront, you are not able to use this module on your Battlefront installation. However if you bought everything on the Battlefront page you are able to transform each and every title into a Matrix/Slitherine and Steam installation with zero extra costs.

Mods/scenarios should work on any version regardless on where you bought it. The only thing that changes slightly is the path on where you need to put it.

- Are there any performance differences between the games on the battlefront website and games available on steam?

I havent played the games much via steam but the times that I did I had no problems with performance.... At least not more than I have with the Battlefront one. :D

- If I download a combat mission game from steam onto my laptop, will I be able to download the game again later down the line on my PC?

Steam has, as far as I know, no limitations on game installations. So if you want to install the games on your friends, wifes and parents PC´s go on with it. :)

Back