Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Quotes from war films

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
New game for you all to get the grey matter whirring on a Sunday morning.........quotes from well known war films, and I'll start off with this little gem........

"Difficult decisions are the privilege of rank, Herr Gruppenführer."

So without googling it, anyone tell me which film this is from?

Steve

The Eagle Has Landed.... one of my faves. :)

View attachment 16338

If it's right I put this one forward...

"Keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I'll see you on the beach."

Spot on Bootie.......it's on BBC I Player now.

I'll be doing a bike ride at some point out to the village that was used for much of the filming - Mapledurham, which is only an hour from where I live, and will take some snaps to post on here.

Steve

From a Bridge Too Far

LTC Vandeleur: When you refer to Baily crap I take it you mean that glorious, precision-made, British-built bridge which is the envy of the civilized world? I don't know how you're going to get it through this crowd.
COL Stout: No sweat. I got a back way staked out that will avoid all this. American ingenuity.
LTC Vandeleur: Really?
COL Stout: Actually, I was born in Yugoslavia, but what the hell.

Haha! You are correct!
I liked the film for those very reasons. An anti war film where the participants are trying to survive in hellish conditions and the lead character uses philosophy and spiritual reflection to come to terms with it all.

Most of you weren't born when this film came out. I can't help that.

Captain [to his officers on the bridge]: "Rehearsals from now on will be with troops. Please do not drown them. They are needed for future commitments to battle."

Please tell me this was a Royal Naval Officer -

Certainly 30 years ago they still had a similiar leadership & training style. An admirable one IMNSHO harsh, clear, useful and short. ROYAL doesn't blink at the risks of combat, a crew lives and dies together, survival rates in sunk vessels in all wars are VERY Low and there a WHOLE lotta really long & painful ways to die on a ship. Dunno about the Green stuff or Brycreem boys but Marines - proper royal ones , not them Plastic foreign ones - have a similiar attitude.

I've probably seen the film, but no-idea which it is.

Away all boats...........and I only know that because I like Clint Eastwood and he is in this film, if only for a moment as a medic I think.

My dad can take all the glory, as he loves Clint Eastwood and we watched many films with him in when I was a boy, and also many war films too.

But then, we also watched other films that most people now may not have seen, like one called The boy with Green Hair...........obviously I need to get out more!!

This one may be easier...........

Take a message...'Request pleasure of the company of Second Officer Anne Davis at dinner.'

Steve

Back