Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Quotes from war films

As for above quote I have to laugh. I know it is from "Sink The Bismark" as I looked for possible quotes from that movie just yesterday.

Tis indeed...... don't know which film your new quote is from though.........so over to the great think tank that is the FGM member list to see if any of them are awake........

OK here's some quotes from one of my favorites.
I'll even name the characters.
WWII is the setting.

Friedman: You ever think you'll live to make corporal?
Rivera: Baby, I just want to live long enough to make civilian.

Or

Friedman: Where are we going, Rivera?
Rivera: I am going someplace where I can set up this weapon. Then I am going to shoot this weapon. I am not gonna walk any more!

And one more.Different movie - still WWII

Maj. Abraham Falconer: I understand you've been sleeping with the Volkswagen
Cpl. Clearboy: Yes sir, Is there a regulation against it sir?
Maj. Abraham Falconer: Yes
Cpl. Clearboy: Sodomy?
Maj. Abraham Falconer: That's animals, there's a regulation against using enemy equipment. Creates confusion.
Cpl. Clearboy: Sir, she's a beautiful car, sir
Maj. Abraham Falconer: You must love the Volkswagen very much Corporal Clearboy
Cpl. Clearboy: 36 Horses. No water, sir. Hides her engine in the rear, air cooled, no water, sir!
Maj. Abraham Falconer: Is the world suffering a water shortage Corporal Clearboy?
Cpl. Clearboy: Not now sir, but suppose this war just goes on and on and on and destroys everything in the world. Well, since the Volkswagen can get along without water, she's bound to survive when other creatures die off. Someday the world is going to be populated with nothing but Volkswagens!

Reactions: mTk
@Badger73 Correct! IIRC it was one of the first WWII movies that I ever saw to emphasize character studies over overt combat action. I kind of thought it was boring at the time. Now, not so much. Good cast.

Agreed. My adolescent self thought it was dull and boring. My adult persona found it meaningful and well done.

From Gunner:

"Friedman: You ever think you'll live to make corporal?
Or
Rivera: I am going someplace where I can set up this weapon. Then I am going to shoot this weapon. I am not gonna walk any more! "

I think that's from "A Walk in the Sun".

This one's not WWII:
"I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the Earth, for the Lord of Hosts is with us".
"I hope so. As I live and die, I hope so!"

From Gunner:

"Friedman: You ever think you'll live to make corporal?
Or
Rivera: I am going someplace where I can set up this weapon. Then I am going to shoot this weapon. I am not gonna walk any more! "

I think that's from "A Walk in the Sun".

You got it! One of my all time favorites. I love the dialog.
The last line "I am not going to walk anymore" was a clue.

"Everybody gotta die sometime, Red."

Platoon. Great movie, those final moments are amazing. I was going to put this phrase from that movie:

Capt. Harris: For the record, it's my call. Dump everything you've got left on my pos. I say again, expend all remaining in my perimeter. It's a lovely fucking war. Bravo Six out.

But to use another movie, I'll put this one for you to guess:

"We just lost the initiative."

Back