Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

R n R

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Currently languishing in the Hilton hotel at Gatwick before flying out to Canada tomorrow with friends.
Plan is to land at Calgary, then drive west over the Rockies to Vancouver, stopping off at various locations along the way.
Upon arrival at Vancouver we are taking the ferry to the Island for a week before returning to Vancouver to fly home.
This trip has been four yrs in the planning (and saving for) and we can’t wait to explore.

So far this year I’ ve only had a week off work and the last month has been particularly busy so this has not come a moment too soon.

Back in blighty on October 5th so behave yerselves while I am gone.

Photos and epic tales (not too epic if they involve bears) to follow.

See ya later.

Steve

I can easily out run the rest of the pack.

Hopefully there won’t be any need for that!!

Got here safely and now in Lake Louise.

Canada is just as stunning as I remember it from when we were here in 2014.

Will keep you posted if anything exciting happens.

Steve

4.50am here, currently snowing, very picturesque.

Body clock is a bit buggered up, but nothing too bad.

We had a very nice steak for dinner last night at The Keg in Banff.

We have a Chrysler Pacifica as a rental car, it has all the toys but not sure if I like the autogear box gimmick - you have to turn a plastic dial to select gears rather than having a stick , got used to it though on the 120 mile drive from the airport to Lake Louise.

Last edited:
Having passed the NASA exam for mastering the controls of the flight deck (dashboard) with flying colours I am now officially the Captain of this ship, and shortly, having stocked up on supplies and fuel, we will be venturing out onto the snowy roads for some sight seeing.
A friend of my wife stayed where we are now two weeks ago and saw a bear with cub thirty feet away - needless to say I will be doing a recce prior to setting out (ground floor lodge).

Steve

Well,
No sign of bears so far today but in downtown Banff we did find something far more dangerous..........
Japanese tourists with I phones stuck on selfie sticks......bloody lethal!!

Steve

Big brains.....opposable thumbs.....is that how we got where we are? There are many apex predators (and many herbivores) fully capable of smashing a human down with no trouble at all, eh?

Ah, I'm waxing philosophical again. Have a great time @steve . Canada is truly full of pristine wilderness.

Looks cold.

Nice and crispy!

The Pacifica, now christened the Starship Enterprise.....enough gadgets to make a geek wet himself........
Heated seats all round and even heated steering wheel, access to everything digital you can think of, automatic opening rear doors and tailgate, entertainment screens for rear passengers, the list is endless.

This one comes included with two back seat drivers who know everything, otherwise known as womenfolk.....

I believe this thing would cost circa $56k US dollars.

52F344DC-4AE3-48B4-B7BC-2004B9D1AEE5.jpeg
I will post a few more I phone pics and upload camera photos when I get home

Last edited:
A few snaps from today’s escapades.......all I phone pics
Chair lift ride at Lake Louise.....on the way down.......they said we were nuts as it was very cold and no one went on it after us for two hours......
Top two pics are from this, and bottom two from a walk around Lake Emerald.

So beautiful.

C5B7528B-4A1E-49A4-858B-D57EEC6D6354.jpeg05B8D88B-8071-471D-A63B-BD2CA5BFE15B.jpegE0401D0F-98D5-4F34-97C2-D3A8C175A39A.jpegBE41381A-09E1-466C-9971-68A8D882C07B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back