Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

R n R

I live among the Appalachian mountains, but damn! Those are majestic!

I couldn’t agree more.
Have always loved mountains and these are something special.
It’s all so vast, clean and very easy to get to that it just makes it fantastic.

Thanks Louis.

Click the link to see all the photos taken so far with the I phone.
No doubt there will be more added before the holiday is over.
I have also been taking photos with my camera and will add those once I have sifted through them when I get home.

https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Canada2018

Steve

Anybody want to invade Japan.......
Go now, the entire population is out of the country and at this very moment are at Lake Louise in Canada.

Their choice of weapon in the I phone on a selfie stick.

Now off to Banff to look around some museums.

Steve

Thanks
These are only I phone photos, I do have a camera with me too.

Photos will be uploaded as we roll along to free up memory on the phone as capacity is only 16gb.
It’s hard to take a bad photo when the backdrop is so beautiful.

Nathan,
Been lucky getting online so far.
Here in Jasper we are staying just out of town and service is patchy, but at Tim Horton’s coffee house in town it’s excellent.

Saw our first black bear last nite on Pyramid Lake rd but he was only crossing the road and as I was driving I didn’t manage to take a photo.

Steve

Update:
So far we have stayed in Lake Louise,
Jasper, Radium Springs, and have explored many other places besides.
We are now at Hope in British Columbia, and in a different time zone than we were this morning.
Off to Vancouver Island in the morning for yet more exploring.

More photos have been uploaded and we were lucky to see Elk, Big Horn sheep, 3 black bears and a moose though bears and moose are not in the photos.

Click the previous link for photos if you want.

Canada continues to astound us with it’s beauty and wildlife, and so far the weather has been kind to us.

Steve

Now on Vancouver Island, staying in a beach house at Courtenay, which is fantastic and eclectic at the same time.
Just arrived in Campbell River for dinner and about to tuck into a bowl of seafood chowder which will be followed by an 8 oz steak.

Have updated the photos a bit too.

Steve

Last edited:
Well,
Now at Vancouver airport waiting to fly home (flight delayed by 3hrs 20 mins).

Great holiday, we have seen black and grizzly bears, eagles, moose, elk, skunk, orca and hump back whales.
Whilst out on a boat looking for the whales off Victoria on Vancouver Island we had to change direction as we hsd apparently strayed within two miles of a US nuclear submarine.

I have over 700 photos on my camera to go through so I will post a link in due course.

Back in blighty tomorrow morning.

Steve

Thanks.
Now delayed a further 3 hours - so we will be in the airport longer than the duration of the flight home.

C’est la vie!!!

I would if I drank, but I don’t..... wonder what the world record is for the longest game of I spy....

Just landed at Gatwick and now on the coach to Oxford, battle to be done with Friday night rush hour traffic on the M25.....what joy!!

As the weather was bad at Gatwick, our plane did not fly out to Vancouver so we had to wait for another to be flown in from Montreal.

Still doesn’t spoil what has been a superb holiday.

I have got over 700 photos on the camera to go through at some point and will post a few when I have.

Steve

Well,
Just got home - the delays did not stop with the flight over (we were due to land around 8am but in the end it was 3.15pm.
Got on the coach - it broke down on the m25 in rush hour traffic - wait for a replacement coach - that turned up then we got held up on the M40 due to a car on fire.
Finally got to oxford around 7.30pm, then grabbed a taxi back to my mates house where my car was parked for the duration of the holiday........to find a flat front tyre...sacre bleu (or words to that effect)..... got that sorted, then went to the pub for a meal before heading home, oh and by the way............nearly got the car hit by three deer just about a mile outside the village where we live.

Apart from that it was uneventful!

Steve

Back