Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rambler's Gallery

Some shots taken on the new Arma 3 terrian, Tanoa. Welcome to paradise.
Na35XhG.jpg

jzYoJae.jpg

LzuRvOj.jpg

cK14lE7.jpg

JWfuVn7.jpg

v55YjUZ.jpg

to964Tf.jpg

This new civilian plane is a lot of fun to fly.
TBYRIqr.jpg

YR0RPYj.jpg

tFGuJDm.jpg

Some Orbiter shots I found cleaning out a folder. I took these doing a simulation of the STS-121 launch that happened on 4 July 2006. This launch is important to me because I actually got to see it in person with a good friend of mine. Best. Independence Day. Fireworks. Show. Ever. Sadly, the Cape is no longer graced with the thunderous roar of the SRBs and SSMEs.

Discovery sits on Pad 39B waiting for the gods of fire to be unleashed. The launch on 4 July was actually the third attempt. And yes, my friend and I were at the other two previous tries (1 July and 2 July). The first was scrubbed at the nine minute hold due to weather/wind conditions, the second due to storms moving into the area. Perfect weather on the third attempt.
GTzkDwX.jpg

IRL - Discovery on 39B as seen through the telescope we brought along. We were about 6 miles away from the launch site.
nNkfQOQ.jpg

The fires are lit and Discovery is on her way.
Q5Vqjae.jpg

IRL - Pictures don't do justice to how bright those flames actually are. It almost hurts the eyes.
kaNBQQc.jpg

Onward and upward.
I4xPijw.jpg

IRL - Another surprising thing was how fast it actually moves when you see it irl. It starts bookin' really quick. When the sound of the SRBs finally reached us, it was surreal. You feel it right down to your bones. It was awesome.
BZuUoZW.jpg

QZGE2gr.jpg

SRB sep and continuation into orbit on the SSMEs.
e3UtxCS.jpg

Cn2d9JL.jpg

IRL
zxz4MY4.jpg

External tank sep and into orbit.
Sl0NinL.jpg

IRL - Obviously I couldn't get shots of the ET sep, so here's what the smoke trail looked like after Discovery had reached orbit. That's the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) off to the right.
so5t8xp.jpg

Finally, here's a video of the launch my friend took with his point-and-shoot camera. The sound of the launch reaches us at about 1:40.

Indeed I have. It's a very good game, however Orbiter is still my preference when it comes to space sims. The lead dev for Kerbal cut his teeth on Orbiter and was heavily influlenced by it.

NASA needs to up it's game or they are soon going to be surpassed by the Equestrian space program.

1230567__safe_vinyl+scratch_dj+pon-dash-3_octavia+melody_unamused_artist-colon-bobthedalek_fire+extinguisher_octavia+is+not+amused_office+chair.jpeg

Also, Rambler confirmed for having good taste in ponies.

These are a series of screenshots from a Steel Beasts multiplayer coop I took part in Sunday afternoon. The scenarios featured a German company +, and I was part of the recon platoon. It was a ton of fun. Anyway, the objective was to support a British assault on an airfield by tying up enemy forces to their northeast and then supporting their assault in overwatch. Due to minefields, the main thrust of our attack went through a forest. It got pretty gnarly in there for the Marder boys. In the end, we were successful in accomplishing all of our objectives.

Recon Team A (of which I was a part of) getting ready to move out:
GB1cgPR.jpg

Time to find the enemy:
X0qnIwT.jpg

My LMG team doing some observing:
ioNAbcM.jpg

The main attacking force, consisting of Marders and Leopard 2A6s moves out:
zAWO4jo.jpg

mRGJqIN.jpg

Marders cautiously move through the forest.
75VUh9A.jpg

A BMP and I pass each other in the forest less than 50m away. I see him but he doesn't see me. When I called in to report it to my platoon leader, he asked if I was sure it was BMP. Before I could respond in the affirmative, all I heard him say was "Yeah that's a BMP!" When I looked at the AAR I saw that he had driven straight into it!:
a3bPsnh.jpg

Mechanized Infantry assault a hamlet near the first objective area:
Gk5W14M.jpg

2A6s bypass a minefield:
tyukfVb.jpg

Engineers clearing obstacles near the hamlet:
RFY0xHB.jpg

Recon Team B, who found a minefield and a number of T-80Us, watch the main effort from our northern flank:
sqXnBNG.jpg

Leopards moving into position to cover the airfield:
FqBNCpY.jpg

2A6s and Marders engaging targets on the airfield:
ltMYxsT.jpg

3YbOOO4.jpg

PLk93Oq.jpg

Here's a video of the scenario from a tanker's perspective (If you see a 1-2/A marker on the map view when he switches to it, that's me :) 1-1/A was the recon platoon leader, and you'll hear him on company net).

Last edited:
@Gnarly - There were 25 players. Nearly every unit was manned. The only ones that weren't were a couple of engineering units and the logistics platoon. I believe the two engineering guys ended up commanding those as well. Yeah, the group that hosts the scenarios is an EU based gaming group, but the players are from all over.

On behalf of the Straya Wasteland Travel Commission, we welcome you to our little slice of paradise! We have exotic locales and many activities that will satisfy even the most demanding tourist. Here are some things you can expect to see and do during your stay here. It's fun the whole family can enjoy!

Meet roving war bands on The Great White! While they may appear fearsome and threaten to peel the flesh from your body faster than you can say wallaby, they're quite likeable blokes once you get to know them. Pictured below is one of their many stylish war chariots you will encounter.
RsqQqaN.jpg

Our most popular activity is camp visits. Hone your hand to hand combat skills in a myriad of challenging situations! Satisfy your inner pyromaniac by using jerry cans full of fuel to blow things up! Find all sorts of curious items you can acquire to your heart's content!
Ko75B0m.jpg

If that doesn't interest you, take your rental car* on leisurely drives through the barren wastes! Who knows what interesting things you might find or people you may encounter!
ktNUdJt.jpg

0VXBSyh.jpg

*A friendly hunchback tour guide is supplied with every rental. No extra fee required.

Experience one of our fierce sandstorms! If one surprises you while you're out and about, there are plenty of rotting ship hulks on the wastes to take cover in and avoid flying debris. If caught in the open, don't expect to survive for long!
TXeInwL.jpg

We also offer many scenic landmarks that afford those perfect photographic moments you and your family will cherish forever!
cAFGP3Y.jpg

Do you spend the majority of your commute to work fed up with your fellow drivers and raging behind the wheel? Take heart! In the Straya Wasteland, you are free to release your anger and eliminate any crazy driver you may run across! One satisfied tourist repeatedly rammed his car into another until it blew up with the occupant inside! His visit feedback to us included the picture below with the following note, "I've never felt more relaxed in my life! Now, when I'm stuck in traffic, all I have to do is remember my time here and I can feel the tension in me ease. Keep up the good work!"
51dDiMe.jpg

Finally, what travel brochure is complete without a section on how to say "hello" to the Strayan Wastelanders you will meet? Here is a little pictorial guide to get you acquainted with our friendly ways!

1. Everyone likes a kiss. Wastelanders are no different! Don't be bashful when given the opportunity to give us a a little greeting smack! Here's one method we recommend:
IegT9PQ.jpg

And another common method:
iynfLwF.jpg

2. By far, the best way to make friends here is with a good pooning!
XqITKET.jpg

What are you waiting for? Book your flight and accommodations today and experience the vacation of a lifetime!

Last edited:
Back