Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rambler's Gallery

I remember 688 Attack Sub on Dosbox... man that was a cool game. I'll have to look out for this one in the steam sales. Pity there's no manual TMA :(

@Artemis258 - Yeah definitely check it out. Personally, I'm glad none of the manual TMA stuff is in it. Why? In the words of Sweet Brown:
:D

It's best to think of CW as a sub captain's sim. Your job is to fight the boat, not switch between positions and be the whole crew. The crew does their job and feeds you the information in order for you to make the tactical decisions. That's what makes it so fun imo.

Yet another Steel Beasts multiplayer vid, this time featuring the Sho't Kal. If you watch it on youtube, I put event timestamps in the description so you don't have to sit through the whole thing if you don't want to.

Loved every second of that video. I usually watch Mirzayev's videos so it was interesting to see things from the lower echelon.

So, to toot my own horn a bit, I had a screenshot published in Tim Stone's The Flare Path over at RPS a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool it was selected to be showcased. Here's a link to the article if people are interested. It's toward the end, and it's the second screenshot, the one with the space shuttle in an orbital sunset.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/15/the-flare-path-west-london-lines/

Coool, very nice pic. Congrats

btw blowing own trumpet is fine - it's sucking that does some damage (And I'm outta here - I'll take Zinzan with me.)

Some screens of my orbiter adventures over the next few posts.

Over the Kuril Islands.
bbdJSWc.jpg

Heading into orbital sunset.
qWgrDG3.jpg

Final approach to the ISS.
MLj0Uno.jpg

Docked.
dRX9DMr.jpg

v48CBE0.jpg

Jk6dhjb.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rico!
Nathan - Indeed you can. The Solar System is modeled in 1:1 scale. Don't worry, though. You can accelerate time to 100000x, so you won't have to spend years flying a mission to Pluto. Yeah, the high-res textures combined with the 3D terrain for Earth make it look awesome. Tbh, sometime's I'll just spend 30 minutes watching the terrain roll by while in LEO.

And the final couple images:

Olympus Mons on Mars
TaVsMTQ.jpg

Atlantis lands at Edwards AFB
1vph7Br.jpg

@Nathangun - You can in the modding sense, meaning making 3D models and doing configs. There are a bunch of different ships on orbithangar.com. There is no built-in way to design rockets with a kit of parts like in KSP though.

Final assault on Objective Charlie during, well I guess yesterday's, Kanium Steel Beasts scenario. I was just watching it from another teammate's vic. I was part of the recon section, and we were previously knocked out and weren't around to partake in the festivities. We only had one call sign up, and he couldn't move because his driver got knocked out.

Been awhile since I've added anything to this thread. Time to change that! So what has Rambler been playing, other than getting his ass handed to him by @Vartuoosi in a CMBS pbem? Taking to the roads of the American West in American Truck Simulator and satisfying his inner trucker! Bought this game on a whim, and it's been surprisingly awesome. It's the perfect chill game and addictingly fun. It has a management aspect to it where you can buy garages, hire employees and build a logistics empire if you wish, but I just play as an owner operator with one truck. The devs also did a good job in capturing the essence of each state they've modeled so far. Available states are California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Oregon is on the way. Definitely recommend this game. Anyway, these first series of screens are from when I was doing jobs for other trucking companies while saving money up for my own truck.

Hauling a load of equipment at the end of another day.
8wbv7a0.jpg

Sunrise on the 101 in California
sjfd2KQ.jpg

iez5G2p.jpg

QMMBlvQ.jpg

Getting weighed at the weigh station.
EIW03UR.jpg

Sunrise over Sky Harbor Intl Airport, Phoenix, AZ.
shhnHgv.jpg

Heading out of Phoenix with an earth mover in tow.
RsGGUD0.jpg

Hmm...not sure about this hitchhiker...looks kinda suspicious.
ogNkN6p.jpg

Yeah, sorry bud. No room for you in my truck.
obZkKYP.jpg

Threading mountain roads with an oversize load in northern AZ.
Y9q13yz.jpg

Back