Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rats

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Dead rats were prepared for use by the British Special Operations Executive in World War II against Germany. Rat carcasses were filled with plastic explosives, to be left in locations such as factories where, it was hoped, the stoker tending a boiler would likely dispose of the unpleasant discovery by shoveling it into the furnace, causing it to explode.-

harry.jpg

The rats contained only a small amount of explosive; however, a puncture of a high-pressure boiler could trigger a devastating boiler explosion.

Last edited:
Leave it to those Special Ops guys.... good stuff Louis

When i was in Afghanistan we were instructed to avoid carcasses of animals on the street as they were numerous cases of dead dogs or even mules filled with explosives.

Lol, we were told not to drive over them as if a carcass was in the middle of the road the natural reaction of the driver was to drive the vehicle over it exposing the 'soft belly' of the vehicle in this way.Also when moving on foot we should keep a distance as it was potential IED threat.

A rat searches for land mines and unexploded ordnance during a training session in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
harrysuntu.jpg

The Cambodian Mine Action Center (CMAC) working with the Belgian NGO APOPO has recently begun testing the feasibility of using large mine detection rats from Tanzania to help clear fields of mines and unexploded ordnance in one of the most bombed and mined countries in the world.

Back