Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Well, just like 4 years ago, this space is inaugurated before the world cup in Russia next year.
We already have 23 countries classified of the 32 places available:

Russia (organizer)
Germany (last champion)
England
Belgium
Spain
Poland
Iceland
Serbia
Portugal
France
Brazil
Uruguay
Argentina
Colombia
Mexico
Costa Rica
Panama
Egypt
Nigeria
Iran
Japan
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

So...
Of the group phase, only three of the five zones of Africa can be defined: Tunisia is the great candidate in group A; between Morocco and Côte d'Ivoire group C will be defined and Senegal will appear as a postulant in group D.

On Tuesday 17, matches will be drawn for European play-offs, also divided into groups according to FIFA ranking: on the one hand will be Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Denmark, and their rivals will emerge between Northern Ireland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland and Greece.

In another playoff New Zealand will face Peru on 6 and 14 November.

And finally the other definition, between Honduras and Australia, will also be on two days of the month of November.

It is a pity the sure no participation of Holland (a hard bone to gnaw in the world cup of Brazil 2014).
I know that the guys in the USA are not passionate about football (or soccer), so the absence of their country in Russia will not matter much, although I particularly wish they were participants.:(

<snipped>
I know that the guys in the USA are not passionate about football (or soccer), so the absence of their country in Russia will not matter much, although I particularly wish they were participants.:(
Yep, the absence of Team USA is unfortunate. However, it now frees up those of us with torn loyalties to unashamedly cheer for Team Germany.
American Foosball fans who care about such matters can credibly point out that firing Jürgen Klinsmann seems more and more unjustified.

Then... Tunisia and Morocco, classified.

One-way games:

N. Ireland 0 - 0 Switzerland
Croatia 4 - 1 Greece
Sweden 1 - 0 Italy
Denmark 0 - 0 R. of Ireland
N Zealand 0 - 0 Peru
Honduras 0 - 0 Australia

Hmmm, are Italy's glory days far behind them this year?
Oh how sweet to knock the Italians out of the cup - they will miss it for the first time since 1958! Sweden didn't play a pretty game, but boy did they work their asses off. Tears at full time from the players. Well deserved and looking forward to next summer :)

As an Australian who witnessed the farse that was Italy's on field acting abilities in the game between our two countries back in the 2006 finals... Good. Looking on my facebook feed a lot of happy Aussies this morning. Karma's a bitch. :p

How about a "Losers-R-US" world tournament for spite ?.

44lm7xl.gif

Back