Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Roman Civil Wars -- the FGM Field of Glory II Campaign (in the works)

In the works ... a multi-player version of the Roman Civil Wars that @Nelson1812 and I played around with a few months ago.

The Emperor is dead and there are four factions vying for the imperial throne in Rome (one pretender faction actually controls Italia and Rome, but does not necessarily have the clout to control the empire)
Each factions starts with 3 regions under control with a garrison in place and must build mobile field army legions to attack neighbouring regions, build fleets to contest sea zones to attack across or stop enemy attacks.

At the same time, the barbarians in the north, the north African nomads and the Parthians/Persians in the east are restless and can launch incursions at any time ... raiding barbarian hordes can raid provinces and degrade their economy without fighting pitched battles...

One or two players per faction perhaps -- all order issued simultaneously and played out by myself as GM, and battles played out in Field of Glory II (it'll be balanced FOG II quick battles with appropriate terrain to a region, on their random generated maps) -- I will also take control of the Barbarians if they face pitched battles against any of the legions.

I'll work up some basic rules over the weekend -- hope we can rustle up enough players for this :)

FGM Campaign master sample.jpg

Here we go.... this is the proposed Rule Set so far ... open for commentary ... idea is to have fun, intrigue and back stabbing... and balanced, fair Field of Glory Battles (for the most part) that will depend on player's skills.

Let me know if it's all a little too complicated ... the campaign system's quite simple really, just takes a bit of explaining all the options and variations... wait until @poesel71 sees this...LOL

It was lots of fun working this out -- let's see if we can get at least 4 players interested to give it a go :)

@Mad Mike @Wellsonian @Nelson1812 @enigma6584 @Badger73 @Bootie @General Sir Anthony C H M

FGM Campaign master sample 2.jpg

order of play.jpg

unit types.jpg

actions.jpg

provinces.jpg

Barbarian invasions.jpg

battles.jpg

battles example.jpg

Last edited:
@Rico - Very cool. Thanks for doing this.
I'm happy to let other members get first dibs for faction commanders. I'd like to be a subordinate general in someone else's faction.
Yeah Im in but I want to be a simple battlefield general. :)

Cool. So far, no ambitious generals yet to take the lead in battle for the Imperial Throne. ;)

It would also be easy to adjust campaign and reduce the number of factions to TWO or THREE with the 12 provinces.

792b8997970b433b06b10721bd89900e--rome-tv-series-hbo-series.jpg

CITIZENS OF ROME! HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Gaius Wellsonius ( @Wellsonian ) has declared his intent to rally his loyal followers and lay claim to vacant Imperial Throne in Rome and keep all the usurpers at bay!

Step forward anyone else who may wish to challenge his claim on the fields of Mars?!

792b8997970b433b06b10721bd89900e--rome-tv-series-hbo-series.jpg

CITIZENS OF ROME! HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Gaius Wellsonius ( @Wellsonian ) has declared his intent to rally his loyal followers and lay claim to vacant Imperial Throne in Rome and keep all the usurpers at bay!

News just in -- General Betrayus Nelsonicus ( @Nelson1812 ) has also thrown his laurel wreath into the ring and is rallying his legions to support his claim for the throne!

Several battle commanders of the Imperial Legions -- Shaneus Bootus ( @Bootie ), Septus Badgerius ( @Badger73 ) and Nathan Gunnius ( @Nathangun ) -- have left the capital for the field and are preparing for the coming campaigns, although it is as yet unclear whose standards they will be joining...

Step forward anyone else who may wish to challenge his claim on the fields of Mars?!

I'll keep this open for rest of week to see if we can sign up another Faction commander -- otherwise I can scale it down to two factions -- split the empire down the middle :2charge:

... or I can command a third faction and play and seal my orders before the others submit them .

Command of invading Barbarians will be then shared around, I guess.

I shall await developments.

Back