Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Roman Civil Wars -- the FGM Field of Glory II Campaign

Veni Vidi Vici! The Alemanni have been defeated and sent back into the wilds.
Let this be a lesson to all Barbarians who would attempt to profit on the 'perceived' weakness of Rome!

Caesar Wellsonius

Thanks for the game Rico!

Indeed — the Alemanni barbarians were utterly trounced in very short order by the ruthlessly efficient legions of Wellsonius.
Well played, sir.

Latest updates...

After three brutal, hard fought battles, the RED legions under the command of Nelsonius have finally defeated and evicted the invading Parthians from PONTUS province.

General Wellsonius has also managed to defeat the invading Alemanni Barbarians in PANNONIA.

The battles in THRACE and AEGYPTUS are still in progress... @Mad Mike & @Bootie -- battle going ok there?

ZG8hAb0.jpg

Updating with news from the battlefields of THRACE .... not good news for the RED faction as their woes fighting Barbarians continue... @Nathangun 's legions being defeated by the rampaging Goths and his army eliminated, the defense level of THRACE also gets knocked back one point.

Nathangunius unfortunately let his right flank force get sucked into and pinned down in a forest fight against a flanking Barbarian force, leaving a weak point in the joint between the Roman right and left, which the Goths punched through and then fanned out into the rear of the Roman cohorts... mayhem and slaughter ensued.

All we now await to complete the turn is the outcome of the AEGYPTUS battle between @Mad Mike and @Bootie ... any progress report scrolls from the battlefields yet ?

WrHzzVu.jpg

Oh poop! I guess Green Faction is done. Well it was fun while it lasted. No worries Bootie. The life of a slave isn't all that bad...at least that is what I've heard. I'm off to Persia.

Okay ... TURN 8 orders are in -- here's how they shake out.

GREEN: no moves or attacks, hunkering down and strengthening SYRIA's defenses by one point.

RED: Build one new legion in THRACE, strengthen defenses of PONTUS by one point.

BLUE:
Build new legion in AFRICA
Attack MACEDONIA by sea movement from ITALIA
Attack THRACE from PANNONIA.

pPlgykJ.jpg

TWO battles:

MACEDONIA: Blue vs RED -- please assign commanders.

THRACE: RED vs -- here RED has choice of who to fight this round, either GOTHS of the BLUE legion. -- Nelsonius @Nelson1812 -- let me know what you want to do.
(either way, the other rampaging army will reduce the THRACE garrison defenses to ZERO (RED loses control) and the province will be up for grabs between the two sides left standing in the next turn.

EDIT: RED has chosen to fight the invading BLUE legion in THRACE with @Nelson1812 in command.

Last edited:
I bought this game together with Sengoku Jidai last year, I think, but haven't played it much the last couple of months.

Are there any videos on YouTube from this campaign? I searched but couldn't find anything but the old stuff which has been on the tube since I began to search videos of this fun game.

I bought this game together with Sengoku Jidai last year, I think, but haven't played it much the last couple of months.

Are there any videos on YouTube from this campaign? I searched but couldn't find anything but the old stuff which has been on the tube since I began to search videos of this fun game.

You find any Youtube videos of this campaign -- I custom designed it and run it as a fun campaign for multiple players here on FGM (I adapted an existing board game map) to play and fight it out with FOGII.

Okay ... TURN 8 orders are in -- here's how they shake out.

GREEN: no moves or attacks, hunkering down and strengthening SYRIA's defenses by one point.

RED: Build one new legion in THRACE, strengthen defenses of PONTUS by one point.

BLUE:
Build new legion in AFRICA
Attack MACEDONIA by sea movement from ITALIA
Attack THRACE from PANNONIA.

pPlgykJ.jpg

TWO battles:

MACEDONIA: Blue vs RED -- please assign commanders.

THRACE: RED vs -- here RED has choice of who to fight this round, either GOTHS of the BLUE legion. -- Nelsonius @Nelson1812 -- let me know what you want to do.
(either way, the other rampaging army will reduce the THRACE garrison defenses to ZERO (RED loses control) and the province will be up for grabs between the two sides left standing in the next turn.

EDIT: RED has chosen to fight the invading BLUE legion in THRACE with @Nelson1812 in command.

@Rico, as indicated in the Blue Faction orders thread, Badger Germanicus will fight in Thrace while Caesar Wellsonius will fight in Macedonia. Thanks!

Back