Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Roman Civil Wars -- the FGM Field of Glory II Campaign

Jollius Elephantus is doing his best to do honor to the Green an defend Syria from the invaders. Sadly...his only apparent qualification for leading men in battle is that, when in need of a commander, all the other troops pointed to him a and said "That guy! He always keeps his sandels tied."

I'm not sure how many turns in we are (8 or 9). Main battle lines have yet to engage. Most of the action so far has been with Calvary on the flanks and some long range shooting along the front. Shouldn't be too long before the action picks up all across the main line.

ni5YDz1.png

ewubY4Y.jpg

McuGawP.png

K5479Y8.png

It is a game which in my experience goes up and down so many times with respect to battle. So many variables take place you really never no who is the winner until the very end. Makes the game that much more fun IMHO.

News from the shores of Africa:

Nlvfhz0.jpg

In a pitched battle, the green legion sent to lift the siege of the province has been decisively defeated by the Imperial forces:

The surrender of the green traitors in Africa is now only a matter of time. Long live the Empire, long live Caesar! :2charge:

In honor of this great victory, and at my "suggestion", the Senate has awarded you the honorable title of Africanus. Congratulations Maddius Africanus.

Yikes!
No pressure here.
A people should know when they are conquered . . . :2charge:

The GREEN faction's counter attack to try and evict the BLUE's legion in the AFRICA province has failed -- at the end of the turn, the privince will fall under BLUE control as the defending garrison's strength points are whittled away to zero.

The GREEN's fate now hinges on the battle for SYRIA -- with both BLUE and RED ganging up on them, they are caught in a bit of a vice.

p4HJnAk.jpg

I think we are at 9 of 24 turns left. I think Nathangun has been a little busy with RL this week. We should be done soon.

Still a wide open game. Main battle lines still have not engaged (this being literally my first game ever I'm sure I'm being way too conservative...lol). Most action has still been Calvary engagements on the flanks. He has taken slightly heavier losses and is at something like 11%routed vs my 6%maybe? Last turn the general leading the mounted troops on his left wing did fall in battle so I was happy about that. I paid a pretty high price for it though. I'm hoping that drops morale for the rest of the mounted units on his left.

Back