Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Roman Civil Wars -- the FGM Field of Glory II Campaign

The BLUE faction win the second battle for PANNONIA -- the RED Legion is destroyed and removed from the field. The BLUE factions launched a successful invasion of AFRICA province and now besiege the GREEN garrison there, the province's strength marker has dropped to

We move on to TURN 4:

The Barbarian invasion die roll is an 8 -- so no incursions across the Empire's borders this turn.

Each faction again has TWO action points -- I await your orders!

dqZbGTK.jpg

@Wellsonian @enigma6584 @Nelson1812 @Nathangun @Badger73 @Bootie @Mad Mike @mcmortison

Orders and moves have been processed and the fighting spreads to new territories.

BLUE FACTION: Builds one new Legion in BRITANNIA and attack HISPANIA from GALLIA.

GREEN FACTION: Build and deploy a new Fleet in MARE OCCIDENTALE and attack AFRICA province from AEGYPTYUS

RED FACTION: Attack PANNONIA from MACEDONIA and attack SYRIA from PONTUS.

IenXQ8D.jpg

So there are FOUR battles:

1. HISPANIA: Blue vs Green

2. AFRICA: Green vs Blue

3. SYRIA: Red vs Green

4. PANNONIA: Red vs Blue

Please assign your battle commanders!

Soooooo....hello guys! Any chance you need a player? I've been wanting to get into FOG. Have the game but have not so much as slung a stone yet. Would be happy to join in if need anyone....or at least feel free to put me on a replacements list. :D

Soooooo....hello guys! Any chance you need a player? I've been wanting to get into FOG. Have the game but have not so much as slung a stone yet. Would be happy to join in if need anyone....or at least feel free to put me on a replacements list. :D

GREEN faction is in need of another battle commander -- so welcome aboard @Jolly Olly -- you will be thrown in the deep end of the circus and be defending SYRIA province from the RED invasion.

Okay, map updated with all the battle commanders dropped in -- welcome @Jolly Olly to the battle field as a new army commander for the GREEN faction!

HNVHCkj.jpg

ATTACKING players set up battle challenge.

Parameters below:

2R5g77g.jpg

I suggest AFRICA and SYRIA battles play with either DESERT or MIDDLE EAST AGRICULTURAL maps.

Last edited:
Ha ha! Oh boy.... what the "h" "e" " double hockey sticks" have I gotten myself into?!?!?!

Thanks for having me gentleman! I am really looking forward to to giving this game a try. Please bear with me as I get up to speed here as to what I need to do. Will work on that after work today as best I can.

Quick question....I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that I might have to set up an account with slitherine or something like that to exchange game turns. Is that correct or am I imagining that?

I've clearly got a lot to learn quickly! :oops::):geek:

This should be interesting....and fun!

Ha ha! Oh boy.... what the "h" "e" " double hockey sticks" have I gotten myself into?!?!?!

Thanks for having me gentleman! I am really looking forward to to giving this game a try. Please bear with me as I get up to speed here as to what I need to do. Will work on that after work today as best I can.

Quick question....I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that I might have to set up an account with slitherine or something like that to exchange game turns. Is that correct or am I imagining that?

I've clearly got a lot to learn quickly! :oops::):geek:

This should be interesting....and fun!

Yes, you need to set up a Slitherine account -- but that's easy as pie.

Ok guys....help me out here.

On the plus side...I already had a Matrix account...so now that they and Slitherine essentially operate a combined site it would seem I am good to go from that standpoint.

That being said....

On the downside....I purchased my games and current DLCs via Steam so it appears I can't technically register my games with Slitherine.

1)Does all that sound about right to you guys and does the fact that I purchased through steam matter?

2)Trusting I am still good to go...and will simply be using the Slitherine site to manage the transfer of game files.....where in the world do I go on Slitherine to get started/find my opponents challenge/get file, etc?

3)I'm curious....anyone have thoughts as to purchasing direct or through Steam in general?

Thank you in advance for your help!

On the plus side...I already had a Matrix account...so now that they and Slitherine essentially operate a combined site it would seem I am good to go from that standpoint.

That being said....

On the downside....I purchased my games and current DLCs via Steam so it appears I can't technically register my games with Slitherine.

1)Does all that sound about right to you guys and does the fact that I purchased through steam matter?

2)Trusting I am still good to go...and will simply be using the Slitherine site to manage the transfer of game files.....where in the world do I go on Slitherine to get started/find my opponents challenge/get file, etc?

3)I'm curious....anyone have thoughts as to purchasing direct or through Steam in general?

I bought mine through Steam and didn't have any difficulties......that was about four months ago.

That being said....

It does not matter one bit whether you purchase directly from Matrix, Slitherine etc. or Steam. As long as you purchased the game then you have access to the PBEM servers. What ever user name and password you use to get into the Matrix/Slitherine forums is the user name and password you use in game (Field of Glory II) to gain access to the multiplayer PBEM servers. It is easy peasy.

Back