Round 3 - Final Scores and Standings

A Canadian Cat

FGM Company Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
@Gunner , @Nelson1812 and I are at file number 82 so not much left but he warned me his Christmas season is starting so his turn rate will slow down some.

Regarding forces
I don't think there is any doubt that the Allies have much better forces than the Axis in this one. Vehicle for vehicle the allies out class the Italians with the exception of the 90mm but they are susceptible to even MG fire so they do not dominate.

Regarding the map
I was going to say the Italians had the terrain advantage which offsets the equipment disadvantage. I was able to get to the centre objective very fast and the one on the Axis right under cover. True getting into the buildings was difficult but once I had those locations and the high ground on the Axis left I was able to severely cut down the ability for the Allies to manoeuvre. I lost all my light Italian vehicles but have managed to use the 90s and the PzIVs to tip the tide by using my better terrain position to my advantage.

I cannot remember if there is 12, 10 or 8 minutes left but I destroyed the Allied armoured Infantry reinforcements and have the remaining force bottled up in the Allied right which is the only terrain I do not have some visibility into.

Right now it looks like a draw: this is still no where near a win for me but I would rather be in my shoes that @Nelson1812 's at this point.

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Quick update before holidays, @poesel71 and me are down to the final 9 mins. It will probably come down to that final Road Junction OZ. Although I got position on him, looking good for Axis.

SlySniper

FGM Colour Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Wow, cat

in this format, that is going to move you up the chart nicely.

Now lets see who you get for the final match
( your reward, hopefully someone hard )

A Canadian Cat

Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
LOL. Matched against you would work for me. I believe I am in need of a win or three against you. Just to catch up.

That did go better than I expected in the end to be honest. I did not expect to get all four objectives until the last few minutes. I kept repeating don't screw this up. I still managed to loose two PzIVs in the final minutes.

JTimo

FGM Sergeant
We’ve got 17 to go. Probably won’t make the 14th, as MG has a crazy work schedule that puts him out of action Sat, Sun, and Mon every week. We have been faithfully getting 1 a Day Tues-Fri.
Our game will even out the Axis vs Allied record as MG is currently up in our game. :(

Gunner

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
No worries Joe.
It's kind of better anyway if it's another week or so out.
I'm finding some kinks in the Round 4 scenario I need to iron out and am stressed for time myself.

Ha! 17 to go. I have no clue to what. What is it, 80 turns total or somefink.
Do me a favor and give me a ball park file number and I'll update the spreadsheet.

Meat Grinder

FGM Captain
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@JTimo I'll get at least one turn out today, work tomorrow, then I'm off for six days. Perhaps if I send you a turn in the morning (eastern time) and then later in the day we can do two turns a day.

JTimo

FGM Sergeant
@JTimo I'll get at least one turn out today, work tomorrow, then I'm off for six days. Perhaps if I send you a turn in the morning (eastern time) and then later in the day we can do two turns a day.
Can get the one you just sent back tonight. Then should have good free time Sun pm and all day Mon. Happy NewYear Doug!

Gunner

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
Good job MeatEtr.
I thought for sure the Allies had an advantage what with getting to the VL's first.

Were you able to take advantage of the Italian armor and the high ground?
Was that the edge?

For the Axis Canadian Cat moved from 5th to 3rd and now holds first place.
MeatEtr slipped from 1st to 2nd but is well within striking range of 1st for Round 4.

For the Allies Nort moved from 7th to 2nd and now has a tight hold on 1st.
Rocketman though is knocking on the door.

Status and scores have been updated at the top of the thread.

A Canadian Cat

Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
There are still a couple of games left to finish but I don't particularly feel great about being "number on with a bullet" going into the final match. Scary when you have clawed your way to the top. Now there is only one way to go.