Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rugby Tickets

Rugby tickets

England v Ireland 17 March, St Patrick’s Day, Twickenham

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for England v Ireland 17th Mar. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realize when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Marylebone Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The bride's name is Nicole -- she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

Is this correct?
  • 8 stone = 112 pounds
  • 1 stone = 14 pounds

Otherwise known as :
1 792 Oz
OR
A hundreweight - The Proper one - not that bastardised metric american hundreweight.

However in my experience using either of these descriptors about women result in "excitement" and occassional violence, generally accompanied by a loud soundtrack.

A hundreweight - The Proper one - not that bastardised metric american hundreweight.

Is it proper because you typed it in "proper" English...?

Everything American is bastardized (to a Brit), modified and made better if you're American....

You guys still can't get over losing those 13 colonies can ya'?

HOA_KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry

( @HOA_KSOP Ahhh my apologies, his comments above were meant to be tongue in cheek/humorous.)

The problem with Imperial measures are that they are different across the pond (Atlantic), this has caused me some extreme difficulties over the years when working on a variety of classic motorcycles where you can have several different "imperial" measurements between manufacturers.

My common (In the UK) references to the American colonies are simply in the spirit of friendly rivalry, joshing or humour that passes for friendship here. OTOH I really don;t care what other people think, I just try to not offend TOO many at once :rolleyes:. Multiple enemies are troubling to keep track of and I have enough already - bit like the number of games in my backlog. (Zinzan's social skills can be poor, and he's not known for his ability to "play nice" with others)

Rugby tickets

England v Ireland 17 March, St Patrick’s Day, Twickenham

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for England v Ireland 17th Mar. He paid £300 each, but he didn't realize when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Marylebone Registry Office, at 4.30pm. The bride's name is Nicole -- she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

2 tickets or 1?

Back