Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

S!

C

CMFDR

Hi there,

after reading again and again the pieces of wisdom and knowledge harmoniously spread on this forum, I've eventually decided to register, if nothing else to thank you all for your humour, benevolent nature and passionate contributions.

While I'm a solo player, as I do have the most of fun playing campaigns and haven't had the best of experience the couple times I've played against another human being, I may try again at some point, thus another reason to register.

I've played CM on and off since CMBB, and never really have been good at it, I always had fun though.

Beyond CM, I'm an almost '40 developer, ex-grunt, and WW2 grog. Father of two (which doesn't help in having much spare time to actually play) and lucky to have an amazing wife in my life (she always wins over CM, go figure).

Well, I hope to be a decent addition to the roster and I'm looking forward for great interactions with you all.

Cheers,

Claude

Last edited by a moderator:
Big welcome to the Club @CMFDR The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello Claude, welcome to The Few Good Men! :2charge:

Good to have you with us! :)

Greetings, @CMFDR! You've already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

I've seen your posts at Battlefront. It's good to have you here.

Yes, reliable H2H play can be problematic. FGM members do a a pretty fine job of finishing what they start and honoring responsible PBEM commitments. When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

after reading again and again the pieces of wisdom and knowledge harmoniously spread on this forum, I've eventually decided to register, if nothing else to thank you all for your humour, benevolent nature and passionate contributions.

Greetings and howdy buddy. Nice intro and good start, being nice is always sooo temptingly sweet :) ( <choke> wisdom..... shakes head... :p)

While I'm a solo player, as I do have the most of fun playing campaigns and haven't had the best of experience the couple times I've played against another human being, I may try again at some point, thus another reason to register.
I've played CM on and off since CMBB, and never really have been good at it, I always had fun though.

One thing about this great game of ours, wargaming, is that it's like life... No matter how bad you are at it, it can still be fun, scary, amusing and it's sooo much better than not playing at all.

Beyond CM, I'm an almost '40 developer, ex-grunt, and WW2 grog. Father of two (which doesn't help in having much spare time to actually play) and lucky to have an amazing wife in my life (she always wins over CM, go figure).

Hah Youngster, we'll pick you as a "great old one" of the future!! Yeah kids seem to not understand that we have hobbies too don't they :) OTOH having a tolerant and lovely wife is groot!!!

Well, I hope to be a decent addition to the roster and I'm looking forward for great interactions with you all.
I'd mark you as a 4 out of 5 so far mate :)

Welcome aboard @CMFDR
Nice part about pvp / pbem is, it can fit into a hectic schedule, if you opponent isn't in any rush. Enjoy!

Thank you all for your inputs, good points you made there regarding PBEM's (it's hard and fun, it can be played at whatever pace).

Hi there,

Cheers,

Claude

You are in luck. One of our recent new members is none other than @Bil Hardenberg, creator of the “Battle Drill Blog.” The blog covers everything from planning and movement to recon and combat for infantry and armor. Bil is an exceptionally gifted commander and planner, and a legend on the Battle Front forums.

Back