Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Scenario and Map Making

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok got a question.

Im making a scenario... can I import a map I previously made into that scenario?

For example I made a nice bocage map.... I have also designed the briefings for a scenario saved under an alternative file. Can I use the map I made with the scenario Im creating?

This also leads to the question how do you just make a map without all the scenario details for Quick Battles?

You can import a map into a scenario -- but you need to do that before you add units and stuff.

You can build a map and just save it in the QB Map directory without adding any of the scenario info -- it will need setup zones and victory objectives in place though.
I think the QB settings would overrride any details on a scenario map anyway.

That's what I know so far... this scenario editor is a LOT more complicated than the CMx1 ones.

You can build a map and just save it in the QB Map directory without adding any of the scenario info -- it will need setup zones and victory objectives in place though.
I think the QB settings would overrride any details on a scenario map anyway.
You also need to do the AI editor for either side too, on page 134. Otherwise the AI will not move at all. You can have up to eight different group plans per scenario. Orders can be dash, quick, advance, assault or max assault. the very first order has to be the set up order. defines where a unit/group will start in the scenario. make sure set up zone matches the map's start zone for that side. lastly the set up order has no other order type. unit may occupy building at start. you need to set their stance; cautious, active, ambush, or hide.
the plan is like a script that glues the tactical behavior together.

Hope that helps some
Lighthorse

Back