Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SCENARIO DESIGNER’S WORKSHOP – Making Maps

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
83Vadme.png

MAPS
Here are references for WW2 topographical maps, WW2 era maps, aerial photographs, and such. Also included are other topographical map websites. Besides these are a few specific CM editor map making tips and tricks.
================================

Proambulator’s Youtube Map Making tutorial - An excellent Combat Mission specific YouTube instruction and demonstration

Geoportal – Territories of France

McMater University WW2 Topographic maps

McMaster University index to 1:250,000 WW2 topo maps of France & NW Europe

The Lorraine Campaign

HyperWar: US Army in WW2: The Lorraine Campaign

Google Maps

Open Topo Map

ARMA maps

Map making for computer wargames just done right – Battlefront Forum thread

The Desert Fox / Wordpress – Scenario Design for CMBN

The Desert Fox / Wordpress – Resources for Map Design #7

The Desert Fox / Wordpress – Resources for Map Design #6 Remonter le temps – IGN

Contour Map Creator

National Collection of Aerial Photography

World War II maps (Europe)

ArcGIS topographic

Grogheads DIY mapmaking for wargames

1944 GSGS Maps – Battlefront Forum thread

Photographies aeriennes 1950-1965 - Geoportarl

Map Scale

Mapster - Mapy archiwalne Polski i Europy Środkowej - Przeglądarka skorowidzów

Topographic 1:25,000 scale maps of pre-WWII Germany

Old maps online

Free online topographic maps for hiking

Printable USGS PDF TOPO! Maps

Google Earth is your friend – Battlefront Forum thread

Mapire – the historical map portal

WW2 aerial imagery and maps

WatWasWaar

Terrain.party

CMBN/CW/MG scenario locations map

CMFI/GL scenario locations map

CMFB scenario locations map

A useful site for getting a screenie of terrain for when you're building a real world setting in CM.

http://www.chengfolio.com/google_map_customizer#satellitemap

First you set the pixels range you want, 4000 x 5000 for example and then adjust your view to the center point of the terrain want want to capture.
Then use an browser extension like 'Capture entire page' in chrome or whatever it is in explorer, wait a few minutes and save the file as a PDF or jpeg.

Do fictional maps have any value to the players here? When I say maps they are only just the maps I created without any scenarios . I'm kind of new to CM and I have not learned how to do the "programming" part for creating game missions. I feel they are pretty nice maps and I don't mind sharing them with anyone.

Do fictional maps have any value to the players here? When I say maps they are only just the maps I created without any scenarios . I'm kind of new to CM and I have not learned how to do the "programming" part for creating game missions. I feel they are pretty nice maps and I don't mind sharing them with anyone.

Yes, such maps are always welcome. Thanks for doing them. Ping @Bootie about posting them to The Scenario Depot.

Last edited:
Back