SEMPAI´s MEDIUM MAPS (CMx1)

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Comrades!

Here I establish a little library of my medium CMx1 /CMBB & CMAK) maps. Sometimes You will find maps in different threads. That is because of they were thought or used first in a smaller variant and later extended. At the INDEX You will always find for what CM version the map was made behind the map´s name. Generally eastern front maps are made in CMBB and western front maps in CMAK. But it is no problem to convert that maps in the contrary. Most of them I even have already converted so one can get them for both, CMBB and CMAK.

Greetings and happy searching!

Sempai

FGM Major
INDEX

A - TINY TOWN (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
B - DEVILS BLOOD V (CMBB)
C - RHEINFESTUNG (CMAK)
D - HUSKY 1943 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
E - RHEINTHAL 1945 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
F - UTOPIA (CMBB) available at Scenario Depot II now
G - VILLAGE 1943 (CMAK)
H - DDAY 1944 (CMAK)
I - EAST BERLIN 1945 (CMBB)
J - BARBAROSSA (CMBB)
K - FRANCE 1944 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
L - ARDENNES 1944 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
M - ARDENNES 1945 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
N - BOCAGE 1944 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
A - TINY TOWN (800m x 800m)
available at Scenario Depot II

This is a map and a finished scenario. As H2H scenario it is an axis attack on a small town at the Ardennes hold by US troops. Because the GIs are surprised by that attack they aren´t entrenched. Nevertheless it´s a tricky one for the axis attacker. The gimmick for that scenario is the choice the player has - if he wanted to set the small task force, who is set outside the setup zones, on his left flank (yellow setup zone) or if he takes them back into the main setup zone. That can be crucial for one of the opponents.
The single player variant is again in test phase. The first variant appeared to massive on units and troops. So I have to do that from scratch. For QBs the map comes with an additional road on the right map side if You look onto North. The map is then thought for a 1500 points attack or assault - maybe even for 2000 points battle. But I think that would be a bit too much.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
B - DEVILS BLOOD V (800m x 800m)

That is my very first scenario/map I ever built for CMx1. Over the years I always changed it a bit here and there. And now it is a damn tricky QB map as GUNNER 105 assured me. Thank You for playing against me on that map, GUNNER! It occured that a single player scenario wasn´t possible because the terrain is too "open" (in the sense of availability of many ways) so the AI has the opportunity to do many silly things. But for H2H it is just fine, I think.Depending on what one wants to play it is a QB map for 1500 or 2000 points. At the first picture one can see one of the setup zones constellations what are very interesting to play - at least for me. Over the years I played it a few times with other setup zones constellations and never was disappointed concerning the trickiness it always showed. But what I most enjoyed on that map was a ME about 2000 points with setup zones in the NE and the SW and at least 35 or 40 turns.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
C - RHEINFESTUNG (800m x 800m)

That inconspicuous map is a further one of my own. The name says it all - RHEINFESTUNG (RHINE FORTRESS). It was thought for a combined allied advance along both edges of the RHINE. I did it as single player scenario but sadly can´t find anymore the file. :( Maybe I do it again if I should have time therefor. It was a thrilling experience because just rushing wasn´t an option even if the attacker had lots of tanks and infantry. So one had to use smoke heavily and do it step after step. Otherwise the bunkers You can see on the pictures tore apart the whole allied forces. Combined advance means US Paratroopers on the W bank and armored forces on the E bank of the Rhine advance in southern direction.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
D - HUSKY 1943 (1200m x 1200m)

Currently used for the MBC (Mini-Battles-Campaign) and a very tricky one. As QB map it is thought for 1500 or 2000 points assault. The main thing for both opponents is to calculate with the choking points which are there because of the terrain. The map comes with fixed AA guns and bunkers for the axis side. To balance that one should add a few aircrafts or additional arty before the QB starts.
Furthermore there are as many a LOS what aren´t to see on first sight. So check that carefully before starting a battle. Otherwise one could become surprised in a bad way. Concerning the look I consider this one of my best maps. A H2H scenario variant was provided earlier. Maybe it is to find yet at the Scenario Depot. But I have to overwork that in every case.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
E - RHEINTHAL 1945 (1200m x 1200m)

It started as a small map of 880m x 560m. Over the time I thought it a good idea to raise the size a bit - and now it is 1200m x 1200m. Even it is a medium map it has potential for tall fights. The minimum of points should be a 3000 points battle. Thought as an assault map. The Allies have much space to gain against fanatic german troops. So one should calculate with something about 60 turns and over. And I think even that wouldn´t be enough if one has to play an average or good opponent. The bridge buildings what are set within the bridges can be crossed. To the same time one can set guards in this buildings. I had the idea as I started to build a REMAGEN BRIDGE scenario before a longer time - and on what I still work. I tried so long until I found, by luck, the opportunity how to set the buildings within the bridges without barring them.
This map is only for QBs currently. I´m working on an H2H scenario but this will need much time yet. A single player version was cancelled by the same reasons as for the DEVILS BLOOD V scenario. Too much ways for too much nonsense of the AI.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
F - UTOPIA (1200m x 1200m)

As You can see beneath it is an urban battle map. Thought for a 5000 points assault. The main difficulty for the attacker is the bridge crossing. As always the bridges with the buildings within are traversable. An H2H scenario is in development but no single player variant. I have played that map two or three times with different troop mixes and against different opponents. It was always nice gaming but we never finished that QBs. I think that is because one underestimates the extent of the battles what have to be fought there. The map is only a medium one but because of the many buildings one has to eke out every step. And that is only if one was able to cross the bridge(s). So seen by it´s effort it can be seen as a huge QB map.
One should clear beforehand if it is allowed to destroy all bridges or if at least one or two have to remain. Maybe it would be a good thought to buy some assault boats? Only for the case of cases? ;)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
G - VILLAGE 1943 (1600m x 800m)

This one was used for the first OP of MBCv2 (Mini-Battles-Campaign). The one and only target is the village in the NW center of the map. The village is valuable because it is situated near an oasis and the only real shelter against the heavy sandstorm what is raging on and on. An H2H scenario was finished but has to get reworked because I extended the map a bit. If played as QB it should get played not over 2000 points. I thinking about making it also a single player scenario. But that is for the future and first if I have finished or cancelled all my other ongoing projects.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
H - DDAY 1944 (800m x 1200m...2000m)

This map is still in development. It should be used as map for the third OP of MBCv2. I´m still not sure if I want it only 800m x 1200m or bigger. The terrain is very difficult for the attacker and if he has captured the first mountains a huge secret facility awaits him. That facility is supplied by ficticious nuclear power plant and littered with AA-guns etc. Pictures will follow later. The heavy buildings one can see on the pictures beneath show some heavy observation towers (bunkers). Even if they are destructible they are very tough opponents. That is because the first wave of the attacker consists mainly of infantry. Further, what isn´t shown on the pictures, there are gun-pillboxes all around. So it has to be the main task for the infantry to kill them to allow the following heavy units to get a foot into the door - means on the shore.
Because that map wasn´t used yet but is thought for MBC further info remains Top Secret until the OP is played or cancelled.

View from attacker´s (Allies) side

View from defenders (Axis) side

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
I - EAST BERLIN 1945 (800m x 1600m)

Before a few years I wanted creating a historical correct campaign with lots of historical maps and battles. I even started to make some maps but had to find out it was way too much to find out all that info. After a year or so I cancelled that idea and changed the use of the created maps to semi historical or even ficticious battles. This map here is a so correct as possible map of the first encounter of the Russian Bear with the German Eagle or better the german Werewolfs. Sadly CM is restricted in angles for its buildings and roads. So a great bunch isn´t in the correct position because of the mentioned restrictions of CM. But I made it so good as I could under the given circumstances.
The first picture shows the street the first russian units followed as they met their fate. Sadly I wasn´t able to find a map from that time so I had to fall back on one of the times of the GDR (German Democratic Republic). In the second picture one can see two small lakes. In reality they are not so narrow. That again is because of the restrictions of CM. I have bad memories on that two lakes since I think to remember me I saw some documentary about them in a museum. Sadly that museum don´t exists anymore. It was closed short after the fall of the wall. The documentary showed about 200 or 300 HJ boys hung by the russians after they had a fierce battle against each other. Every tree around that lakes looked like a Christmas tree of horror. The dead HJ boys looked like dolls as they swung in the wind. That was thought as a penalty and deterrence. The HJ boys, many not even 18 years old, had caused the russians harsh losses. The russians promised the HJ boys to handle them well if they would surrender. But later on it was decided to make an example. I have no info if the russians who promised good treatment were the same who hung them all then. Maybe it was kind of a overruling and someone of the russians had to payback something. In every case it was a great failure. The remaining HJ boys fought till to the end. Almost no further captive was made anymore.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
J - BARBAROSSA (1200m x 1600m)

A map I currently play against Comrade NoxNoctum. I wanted a map where a bit of steppe, forest and river (as the Don or similar) comes together so the axis attacker has to deal with all that different terrain. I have to test yet some different settings of flags. On the pictures You can see the original weather conditions. Against NoxNoctum I have set it to snow and frozen. Also interesting. Eight places are to conquer - 3 villages, 1 town, a monastery and 3 emergency airstrips - if all places get a flag. Maybe I change the town a bit yet and the first village. But all in all I think I achieved what I wanted and the axis player has to prepare for river crossings, capturing villages and towns, do recce around forest bits what hinder the view to the steppe behind etc.

Last edited: