SEMPAI´s SMALL MAPS (CMx1)

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Comrades!

Here I establish a little library of my small CMx1 /CMBB & CMAK) maps. Sometimes You will find maps in different threads. That is because of they were thought or used first in a smaller variant and later extended. At the INDEX You will always find for what CM version the map was made behind the map´s name. Generally eastern front maps are made in CMBB and western front maps in CMAK. But it is no problem to convert that maps in the contrary. Most of them I even have already converted so one can get them for both, CMBB and CMAK.

Greetings and happy searching!

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Index

1 - WARSAW 1939 (CMBB) available at Scenario Depot II now
2 - FRANCE 1940 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
3 - WAKE ISLAND 1941 (CMAK) available at Scenario Depot II now
4 - CHOLM 1942 (CMBB) available at Scenario Depot II now
5 - KURSK 1943 (CMBB) available at Scenario Depot II now
6 - PEGASUS 1944 (CMAK)
7 - BERLIN 1945 (CMBB) available at Scenario Depot II
8 - NORWAY 1940 (CMAK)
9 - LITTLE STALINGRAD 1941 (CMBB)
10 - FINLAND 1944 (CMBB)
11 - POLAND 1939 (CMBB)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
1 - WARSAW 1939 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:
available at Scenario Depot II

400m x 480m, high noon, 15 turns, September 1941, dry and hot, weather is clear. Battle type is assault.
Armored Spearhead crushes on the outer rim of Warsaw and the polish great hearted defenders. Wehrmacht uses its advantage in military technique and strik
es with Stuka, Tanks and Inf.
Strong german armored forces and infantry seek to gain passage over a river into a town. The polish defenders aren´t ready for the onslaught but do their best
to hold the invader back. Polish artillery is beaten by the mighty Luftwaffe. So there are only 2 bunkers and 2 AAs left to withstand the Wehrmacht.
To strengthen the defenders the Poles will send all what is left of the polish army but that isn´t much. So the only real advantage is the short time they have to
stand fast.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
2 - FRANCE 1940 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:

560m x 560m, dawn, 20 turns, June 1940, warm and damp, weather is foggy. Battle type is attack.
Parts of the Ghost Division try to capture a french holded village. The battle situation is going to become a mess. And as wouldn´t that be enough the morning
mist makes LOS difficult sometimes. The picture is with fog off to get a better look of the map.
After the campaign in Poland the Wehrmacht changed it´s working horse, the Pz-II, for the stronger Pz-III. But even that tank had to be upgraded because of his
shown weaknesses during that campaign.
The campaign in the West, means France, runs successful till to the moment. The french armor forces are surprisingly strong but they lack of experience and
teamwork. They are simply annihilated by the sheer numeral superiority and the new tactics of the Wehrmacht.
Routed british troops assemble in the forest in the West. There all escaped british forces shall meet to regroup and retreat orderly. The village before that forest
is holded by french troops as a strong point to hold back the Huns so long as possible and to gain more time for the british troops.
The battle situation is unclear because it seems parts of the Ghost Division had out flanked the strongpoint and stand somewhere behind the village.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
3 - WAKE ISLAND 1941 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:

560m x 560m, high noon, 30 turns, December 1941, hot and very dry, weather is clear. Battle type is attack.
The JIF have started the assault on Wake. There are currently only a few basic US troops as crews, technicians, staff etc. who can react immediately on that
japanese attack. Near US naval forces send reinforcements but they are few and have a long way to go before arriving. Will this be in time?
The japanese attackers have to deal with the restricted landing zones and the two heavy armed coastal batteries (shown as dug in M10s). To their luck the inva
ding first wave is almost on shore. But now the nearest shore battery has spotted them and is opening fire. Casualties on japanese side aren´t avoidable.
For WAKE ISLAND I set airplanes definitely now. They aren´t big with bomb loads but the few they have and the guns are enough to do an average job. That´s
what we want since otherwise the defender wouldn´t have any fun in that game.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
4 - CHOLM 1942 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:

480m x 400m, dusk, 20 turns, February 1942, cold and light snow, weather is clear. Battle type is assault.
Russians second onslaught on the german defenders of Cholm. The new T-34s shall show their advantage the soviet leadership hopes.
Cholm is encircled. Since weeks the town is an encirclement. It´s the first time during that war that german troops are trapped/enclosed for a longer term.
The Russians send one wave after another to break the resistance´s will of the Germans. Often the german lines are only metres wide or even broken after
such an massive assault. But they manage it always to close ranks after the assault is repelled. So ammunition and heavy weapons become fewer and fewer.
But at least the ammunition can be restored from time to time by air supply.
Another russian assault is ongoing. The earlier ones were merely ventured by partisans. The current assault is one of the first of the mighty CA (Covietskaya
Armya), the russian army. The new T-34 version, the 1942s version, is deployed heavily. The russian leadership sets great hope in that. Seven T-34/42 face
only 2 early Pz-IIIJs and two light guns. But the german Infantry shouldn´t understimated. They are used to use infantry anti tank weapons in great number.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
5 - KURSK 1943 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:

1200m x 1600m (originally thought as 640m x 640m), high noon, 30 turns, July 1943, hot and very dry, weather is clear. Battle type is meeting engagement.
That´s it. The biggest tank battle ever has started and Germans as Russians throw in what they have. The new Tiger-I and Panther along with the Ferdinand
meet hordes of T-34, KV-I and Shermans.
For the scenario there will be no Ferdinand and the Russians get SU-152s.
German forces drive into enemy territory and will be attacked from all sides. The axis units consists of mostly Pz-IIIs and Pz-IVs with a few Tigers and Panthers
plus a bit infantry. Russian forces consists of masses of T-34s, a few KV-Is, Churchills, Valentines and T-70s plus a two platoon Shermans and a bit infantry.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
6 - PEGASUS 1944 - was thought to be used for FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions but was cancelled:

400m x 400m, night, 20 turns, June 1944, warm and damp, weather is clear. Battle type is attack.
British 6th paratroopers/airlanding brigade assault the Pegasus Bridge by night.
Major Howard and the first of his men are landed and have caught the Germans by surprise. The whole actions was undetected till to the moment. Now first
weak resistance is established and the bridge crew tries their best. But that isn´t enough. Only the fortified 50mm gun seems to be a slight harder opponent.
For the scenario I set a Pz-IIIJ with short barrel to show the outdated second hand gun the so called Germans (in reality foreigners with no combat value) had
to their use. Further I added a gun on the other edge of the river what wasn´t there in reality. The whole scenario is still in test phase.

Map shown by dusk (actually it is a night battle)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
7 - BERLIN 1945 - used during the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT under the following conditions:

480m x 480m, dusk, 30 turns, April 1945, cool and damp, weather is clear. Battle type is assault.
Russians crushes into the outer rims of East Berlin. Masses of tanks and SPGs advance with the help of infantry. From time to time artillery smashs into the dying city and a few Volkssturm men and parts of Wehrmacht and SS forces try to hinder the final downfall.
What is most nerving for the defenders is the mighty russian SPA - ISUs and SUs who blow away block after block. Every now and then the underestimated defenders destroy a few of that beasts. But there are always more. The Red Flood rolls in and the "Northmen" are too few to match that power. So it´s the HJ´s call.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
8 - NORWAY 1940 (400m x 400m)

That map I covered from another bigger map what was called "C1" something or similar. I don´t know who made it but it was a fine map. So I decided to convert
and change it a bit. Means I had to build the map from scratch - the original always before my eyes.
At first I wanted that map as a main map for the FFT. But it occured it is real tricky to make it a balanced but thrilling scenario.
After much work on it it´s clear I have to do a lot more work before one can use it. So, maybe I can finish it in time for FFTv2.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
9 - LITTLE STALINGRAD 1941 (480m x 400m)

Another map and finished scenario for FFTv2 (FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT second edition). I had to re-do that map because the original got too tall during its development is instead used for the winter cross tournament between WEBOB and FGM. It has a similar but mirrored situation. German 6th Army assaults against the 64th Army of the russians. Still it goes relatively well for the axis. So they think they can still conquer Stalingrad. Contrary to that the russians don´t give up. First test games were fierce and bloody. An H2H test will follow soon. But first we have to finish the ongoing test of the other STALINGRAD scenario. ;)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
10 - FINLAND 1944 (480m x 480m)

Even it is a small map the battle on it should become epic - at least the done test games showed so. The scenario is another FFTv2 scenario and will be used next year in the FAST & FURIOUS TOURNAMENT second edition. Russians come from the East and try to cross a bridge. Finns are just a second earlier on the bridge and try to hold that passage assisted by german SS. The terrain isn´t the best for armor but nevertheless both sides send their steel monsters into battle. Because it is late summer the river the bridge is crossing is almost dried out and only mire remains were in colder times a strong river flows. The whole thing is a ME. Because of the situation and the small map it is played without flags. Simply annihilation of the opponent is the task.

Last edited: